39. Voices .39

Day 26 - Sunday

___

Your escape had a date now.

Friday.

You would be escaping in five days.

You assumed that would be enough time for you and Key to get things together.

Now, you would just have to wait.

"Darling!"

Ah, that familiar feeling of dread.

Andy smiled brightly at you. "Can you and Key run to the store for me real quick? I'm going to be making us dinner tonight!"

You shrugged. "Alright."

"Oh, thank you, N/n!" Andy embraced you, handing you a list of ingredients, before abruptly taking her leave. "Be safe!"

Key materialized from the shadows and grinned. "An adventure to the store, how fun!"

"Let's just make it quick."

___

"Cabbage? What the fuck could she be making with cabbage?"

Key thought for a moment. "Salad?"

You laughed sarcastically. "Sadly, I think you're right. Salad might just be the only thing she knows how to make."

"Aw, Dolly, don't be so mean." Key drawled, eyes fixed on your face.

You brushed off the pet name, turning back to the shopping list. "If she is making a salad, what use does she have for dried leaks? They don't go in salad, do they?"

"Who knows?"

You rolled your eyes. "Whatever. I'll find the parsnips; you go get the leaks."

Key grinned. "Yes, ma'am."

You narrowed your eyes at her. "Shut it."

"Of course, ma'am."

You gave an exasperated sigh, setting off in what you hoped to be the right direction.

___

"Why do we have to do all of this planning? Can't we just... take her?"

Shawn grimaced. "Fuck, can you not say it like that?"

Andy sighed. She never should have agreed to a group FaceTime call of all things. What a waste of time, when they could have just as easily texted.

"Patience, Akio. These things take time." Jordan explained distractedly, typing away at his keyboard.

Carmen was humming as he sketched something offscreen. "I think any amount of time will be worth waiting for Y/n. Don't you, Akio?"

Akio thought for a bit, before nodding enthusiastically. "You're right, you're right! Y/n will probably be happy with our patience when we finally move in together!"

"I'm afraid she's much too stubborn for that." Andy smiled dreamily. "Y/n won't be happy with us at all. She'll probably end up hating you guys almost as much as she hates me." By the way Andy was saying it, one would think that your hatred was a good thing.

"Let him live his fantasies, Andy." Jordan chastised absentmindedly.

A ding came from one of the screens.