0.7 Last Names 7.0

This is very much for my own benefit because I thought it would be fun. No, it is not a special, but if you need to consider it one, "the 210k special" works.

Recently, I played a game on my profile where people guessed the animals that I based my character's last names on.

I felt like giving a brief explanation as to why I decided on each animal, so yeah. Here you go.

Andy Seline - Sea lion

"However, on land they're much slower, and spend many hours sunbathing, giving them the nickname 'lazy'."

On the surface, sea lions are lazy, but beneath the sea, in their domain, they are much more formidable. Interpret that how you will.

"...because they have a technique where they tire out the predator to the point where they give up."

I mean, if you could really call Steps the predator... :)

"...and one of the most striking traits is that they lie very close to one another to keep warm, even though they have plenty of space."

I mentioned this in a comment before, but Andy's constant need to be touching the reader is not in any way a sexual thing, as she is asexual. Andy finds comfort in human touch, specifically the touch of the one she cares for the most in the world.

Carmen Pravol - Prairie Vole

"After mating, they show love by huddling together and even have been seen breathing in unison, and studies have even shown they give 'hugs and kisses' when one's partner is stressed."

Prairie voles are devoted to one another, plain and simple. Carmen is...well, yeah. Very affectionate. You'll be seeing more of his "prairie vole-like" behaviors in the future (minus the pee sniffing part of the courtship because no).

"...spending most of their time underground. Their burrows help them to stay safe and secure from predators."

Hiding away underground...hmmm...

"...Prairie voles have three types of social arrangements: mated pairs, single females, and small communal groups..."

Small communal groups...hmmm...

"In addition, following mating, aggression toward strangers increased, and behaviors that looked suspiciously like 'jealousy' emerged."

Yeah.

Kole Torese - Tortoise

"Most tortoise species are solitary creatures that prefer to roam alone. They will slowly meander along feeding on grasses, fruits, and other plants."

Koley Poley the Roly Poly (I have no idea why I put that).

"Their heads and legs can be withdrawn into the protection of their shells. Tortoises have heavily armored and clawed feet..."

And strong teeth too! I was trying to feed lettuce to a tortoise at an aquarium one time, and it bit the tip of my finger clean off. Good times (it did heal, no worries).

"Most tortoises are docile and tend to be shy unless two males are put into an enclosure with each other. This is not advisable; two male tortoises could become aggressive toward each other and even attack each other, sometimes resulting in serious injury."

Hmmm...

"Tortoises tend to be diurnal (active during the day) animals with tendencies to be crepuscular (animals that are primarily active during the twilight)..."