44. Daughter .44

The tires of your car ground against gravel.

Your stomach pulsed with agony.

You could see something...

in the distance.

Thank fuck.

You had finally found civilization.

___

Buildings scraped the sky, cars zoomed down the streets, pedestrians walked along the sidewalks... it was a city.

And it was bustling.

It was the kind of place that a person could get lost in,

exactly what you'd been looking for.

You could stay for a while, get things pulled together, and then maybe after a week or so... you could leave the country behind for good.

Despite the pain you were in, you felt a smile pulling at your lips.

___

"Y/n... Y/n, my sweet little girl. Don't you want to stay with Papa?"

You nodded hurriedly. "I do! But I--"

"Y/n... there is no 'but'. You either come with me now, or I leave forever. Do you want me to leave you behind?"

Your father was a tall, lanky man. He was on the young side too, looking more like your brother than your father. You loved him so much. You admired him. You idolized him.

But you also loved Tessa...

And he wanted you to leave her behind.

"You want to stay with... your mother?"

You froze.

"Does she treat you and your sister equally?"

Your face began to fall.

"So, you did notice... that she doesn't love you."

You did. You had noticed a long time ago.

It was only Tessa.

Tessa was the one Mama loved.

But Papa...

"I love you, Y/n. That sister of yours... she isn't even my daughter. That girl is the reason your Mama and I broke apart. She's that man's child... not mine. Not even your full sister. If you're with me, you can be happy. Loved."

Happy and loved...

You wanted that.

You wanted to go with him.

You wanted away from Mama.

You wanted away from Mama's new husband... that man.

and Tessa...

That man's daughter.

That man was a fake. Not your Papa,

no matter how much he pretended.

And Tessa was...

She didn't matter.

She was... bad.

"I want to live with Papa..."

___

Jacob POV

___

Jacob Walier sat in his office.

His desk was entirely devoid of personality, save for a single picture frame; a picture frame that none dared to touch.

It held a photograph of his beloved daughter, after all.

"Mr. Walier, sir, something with the young lady... has come up."

Jacob, glanced up from his papers, eyes murderous. "What is it?"

"She ran away, sir."

He paused. "Ran... away?"

"We've been trying to locate her, but we're not the only ones... we believe she is on the run from multiple people, one being the friend she has been staying with for the past few weeks, Andy Seline."

"Huh." He laid his cheek against his palm, lost in thought.

...

"Sir?"

Jacob laughed cruelly. "If my darling daughter is on the run from someone... I guess we'll have to speed up the plans quite a bit, won't we?"

"...yes, sir. I'll let Miguel know of your orders."

Once he was left alone, Jacob smiled to himself, gaze fixed on the image of his daughter, within the photo frame.

"It seems I'll be seeing you a bit sooner than I had originally anticipated, Y/n."

___

Jacob POV end

___

A/n: I know, I know... it's short. To apologize, I wrote part two of the Concert AU. It can be found in my one-shot book, so maybe check it out! :D

I don't usually do these things so... uh, hi. Hope you liked the chapter. Please give me your honest opinion on how the story is going so far.

Is it hard to understand? Are there any plot holes you can find?

Oh! Also, who is your favorite character and how would you feel if you discovered that they were Tessa's killer?

That's all I can think of... so bye! Love you guys!