That was all in the Mikaelson world. We needed to find Aurora. Kill her. Find Aya—kill her. Stop the delinking spell. Yeah, those bastards stole Jackson's heart before Elijah and Hayley could dig it up. They were too late. And that heart was the missing link. Not to mention they probably need Klaus and Elijah. Which is why I insisted Klaus and I stay in all day. I was cloaked, my house was guarded, and no vamp besides Klaus, Hayley and Marcel could enter it. Felt like the safest place we could be. Or St James' bar where there was no magic allowed. However, a vamp fight would still be a vamp fight. So home was best. Lots of cuddling, lots of sex, lots of quality time watching tv. I had no complaints today. Hell, I wanted this every single day. Klaus and I forgetting about the rest of the world.

***

Saturday, January 5th
12:10 PM

I frowned, being towed along by Klaus. "Isn't it a little early to start drinking?" I asked my fiancé as we were clearly headed for St. James' bar.

"It's lunch time. Why don't you get food here? There's an old friend visiting us," he replied, not even bothering to look at me.

I rolled my eyes, not arguing. Upon entering, Klaus looked around. It was slightly crowded, as always. But it was still early and so, it made it easier for Klaus to point out to me the only man at the back bar. My brows raised, it was a profile view, but he looked familiar.

Klaus tugged me along to the front bar ordering three shots. He was served all to quickly, handing one to me so I shrugged and took it just as he said, "wait,"

"Oops," I croaked, pressing my casted hand to my chest. That burned. I wasn't sure what the hell it was but I never wanted it again. "That was nasty."

Klaus snorted, carrying the other two shot glasses to the back bar. He snuck up and around the guy sitting there with his back to us, looking down at the floor. He was clearly having a hard day. Klaus put down one of the shot glasses and slid it towards the guy while I stood a couple feet away, unsure what was happening.

The man then turned his head to face my fiancé. I gasped as I recognized him. "Welcome to New Orleans, old friend," Klaus said smoothly, voice slightly low and calm. It had a chill to it. He was suspicious as he was pleasantly surprised to see the young man.

"Klaus," the guy breathed, adjusting the shock expression on his face. I didn't think it was a secret my boyfriend lived here. Not to him. Hell, not to any vampire in the world at this point. "As I live and breathe."

"Stefan Salvatore in the Crescent City. This ought to be very good, or entertainingly bad," Klaus said as I slid up to stand beside him.

Stefan's eyes widened, looking at me, "Dani?"

I grinned, nodding, "You remember me?"

"Uh, yeah. Wow... I didn't know you two were still together," Stefan said, picking up the shot glass he was given and taking it with ease.

Klaus chuckled, pulling out the stool next to Stefan and patting it. I took the seat, "thank you, baby."

"We're very much together," Klaus said, his arms caging me in as his back pressed to mine and his blue eyes stared Stefan down. It was a look that was enough to make anyone squirm.

Stefan's jaw clenched, "I see."

"We're engaged," I told Stefan, smiling proudly as I stuck my hand out for him to see my ring.

"Congratulations," he said, voice unsure. He then looked at Klaus, putting on a brave face. "I'm just in town for a little R & R... But it's nice to see you both. Um, how are Elijah, and, uh, whoever else you've brought back from the dead?"