CH. 19

NINETEEN:

Friday: January 4, 2013

Dear diary,

It's four days into the year and I'm conflicted. Ever since my breakdown on New Years Eve, Klaus and I have been solid. We haven't fought or argued about pretty much anything. It was like a honeymoon stage all over again.

Of course Klaus and I push each other's buttons, but it hasn't escalated. We've been enjoying ourselves. We're having sex regularly again. And by that I mean we did it twice yesterday and twice today. I feel good. Not just sexually. I feel hopeful.

Which is why I'm concerned. I'm starting to feel this joy with my life, despite the fact my fiancés life is at stake as is his entire family's. And it's because of that joy I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, something to go wrong. Yes, I want this year to be fruitful and full of prosperity. So far there's promises for everything I want in this world.

Klaus and I discussed in bed tonight a destination wedding. After of course coming to an agreement that it wasn't too soon to plan. No, things didn't feel like oh let's get married today. But I knew soon I'd feel ready. We would be ready. My concerns for our future were there. However, I was confident we would marry. And the perfect place is Paris. Our colors would be white, purple and gold. I could picture it, extravagant and vintage. Something beautifully chic with bohemian vibes. Like I would be walking on air, on cloud 9. It all sounded perfect. It was picture perfect in my head. Klaus and I dressed in purple. I don't know why, but that's what I envisioned. Bold. Different. Tasteful.

However, every time I prepare for something good, something bad happens instead. I'm going to plan a Paris wedding and our plane will be hijacked and I'll end up on an abandoned  island or something. Never to be found.

But a perfect wedding plan, couples therapy which I'm excited about after our first session yesterday, my friends moving in next weekend, my perfect house with my new puppy, Hope was safe and sound, and I was on path to finish with school next year... Me and my guy were going to have a beautiful life together, the stars were aligning... What could go wrong? A million things. I didn't know how or why. But they would, something friggin would!

I had anxiety about a stressful period coming up. As if Aurora having white oak wasn't enough. Yesterday she dug a hundred gravesites and buried Freya in one as a game. Klaus luckily saved his sister from the psychopath's plan, but Aurora still escaped with the weapon and was MIA.

Not to mention Aya and the Strix with their coven are working on destroying the sire link. Which made the Originals susceptible to attacks. Their lives would no longer endanger the rest of the world of vampires. I could only imagine how many people Klaus has sired that want him dead. I mean, I've seen the Strix. They hate Elijah! Just for being a traitor, a sell out... and because Tristan took over and he hated Elijah. But I mean if polished vampires like them could hate a posh guy like Elijah... The monsters that would be after my hybrid fiancé? I don't think I'll ever be safe. I'm an easy target. Get me, Klaus will come to save me. I am a potential hostage for a lot of vindictive ancient vampires. That was frightening!

I guess that's what could go wrong. I could be kidnapped, tortured and/killed. My perfect life of husband, house, school would vanish. What I have or could've had wouldn't matter if I was dead!

Klaus assures me everything will be fine. The more confident he is, the more worried I become. Lately, he's been cocky on subjects like that and survived by the skin of his teeth. There was a faction who wanted him and Elijah and Rebekah dead. Speaking of, Elijah told Klaus and I—mainly Klaus, his secret, the one I knew he was hiding! He daggered Rebekah. She didn't leave on Christmas. When she went to, the cursed skull mark appeared on her wrist again. The one that turned her into a savage, a ripper. So she insisted Elijah put her down. Leaving a trail of bodies would lead the Strix to capture and potentially kill her. But of course, yesterday when Aurora tried to kill Elijah and/or Klaus, Elijah had a change of heart. Seeing as he was shot and Klaus had to dig the bullet of his chest cavity. He almost died and left Rebekah lost to the entire world. So he gave us the location of her should anything happen to him and we needed to wake her.

I'm Entirely Yours, Klaus (Book 3)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें