𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 6

Start from the beginning

You stared at him in disbelief, his hand gently going to your cheek and caressing your cheekbone with his thumb, heaving a deep sigh while his gaze on you softened. "When I saw you were crying, how hurt you were. I wanted to hurt them just as much, ruin their lives, make them pay for the things they said to you." He whispered, staring deeply into your eyes while you stared back completely dumbfounded. "Why would you?" You whispered back, his thumb trailing to caress your jawline. "I... I don't know." He trailed off. You both then fell silent, staring at each other. Your heart was still racing and quick against your chest, getting the urge to caress his cheek but hesitating. You still gathered the courage and decided to do it, lifting your hand and moving it to his cheek with a soft look in your eyes. "Why are you doing this?" You asked softly. "You confuse me in so many ways." You added, shaking your head. "One day you're nice, the other day you're cold. One day you hate me, the other you don't." You whisper. Jungkook's lips parted, wishing he could say something but he didn't know what. He was just as confused with himself. He didn't know how he felt or why he felt like that. He didn't know why he cared and why he did all of that.

He sighed deeply, leaning his forehead against yours and closing his eyes. "I ask myself the same thing." He whispered, shaking his head a bit. The foam you had used to wash his face was gone, his face was now dry. He nibbled on his lower lip, pulling back and sitting up. His eyes looked outside the door to the terrace, his hand now on your hip. You slowly sat up and moved to the side, hugging your knees close and clearing your throat. "I-uh... If you don't want to do the whole spa thing, we can skip it and you can do something else instead." You said, Jungkook's eyes instantly going to yours and staring for a bit. "I do want to do it." He replied, taking your hands in his and pulling you to sit on your knees, him doing the same. "Let's do it. I'll do it to you after." He said with a smile. You blushed softly, pushing some of your hair back and nodding. He watched you as you took the foam again and began to wash his face once more, rubbing his cheeks while his eyes stared at you intently. You smiled shyly while washing his face, finishing up and beginning to clean his face with a small damp towel. You then got some cleansing oil, which you also used, and wiped it off as well once you were done cleansing his face with it. He then did the same steps on your face, and his touch was so gentle and caring. His fingers caressed your cheeks and forehead with the softest touch possible as if he was scared of hurting you in some way. You blushed when he began to wipe your face with the damp towel, his lips turning into a grin when he noticed the blush. "What?" He said softly, taking one of the paper face masks and opening it. "N-Nothing..." You whispered, taking and opening a mask as well. "Are you sure it's nothing?" He asked with a chuckle, carefully beginning to place the mask on your face. You stared at him as he did so, his eyes slightly narrowed in concentration while his lower lip was bitten between his teeth. "Yes..." You whispered, trying your best to not move your face much. He made sure every part of the mask was against your skin before he let you place the mask you opened on his face. "There, now we have to wait for 45 minutes." You sighed, laying down on the bed.

"That is why I brought the snack tray." He said with a chuckle, placing it between you and eating a small piece of cheese. "That was clever, I'll give you that." You replied. With a soft sigh, you took a bite of one of the ham pieces he had put out on the tray, humming at the taste. "It tastes amazing, oh my god." You giggled, looking at him to see him staring at you with sparkling eyes. When you looked at him, his eyes slightly widened and he quickly looked away, making you smile shyly while he cleared his throat. "So, how are you feeling about tomorrow?" He asked. The mention of tomorrow surely made your heart skip a beat for a moment, thinking about the whole thing. "Well, I am 100% nervous, that's sure. But I also can't wait to meet Jimin. I've been a fan of his for so long that it makes me feel like tomorrow is a dream." You chuckled, taking a bite of cheese this time. "It will definitely feel like a dream." He said, smiling sweetly at you. "I am... Happy. The whole shopping thing, the spa now, spending time together... It's nice." He finally said with a shy look, making you smile widely at him and giggle. "What's with you? You're being way too nice." You said, tilting your head to the side slightly. Jungkook tilted his head to the side, humming. "Should I go back to being the cold me then? Show no care and kindness to my wife?" He replied.

You couldn't help but widen your eyes, staring at him in disbelief. "W-What?" You whispered, your lips parting in shock while you felt your heart begin to race against your chest. "I want to be a good husband. You were right, and although we don't love each other, we should have fun while we are married. Make it a good experience." He replied, sighing softly as he lay on his side, leaning on his elbow. "I want you to have a good experience out of this. I don't want you to stress or cry or feel hurt or sad because of me. I do have my own... struggles. But you aren't at fault for them." He said this time with a serious look, staring at the mattress while avoiding your eyes. "I want us to be a good couple. Not like your parents." He added, making your eyebrows furrow at the mention of your parents. "How do you-?" "Anyways, let's relax for the rest of the time we have to keep this on." He said quickly, cutting you off in the process. You wondered how he knew about that, only Taehyung having heard since you told him only. And Taehyung couldn't have told him, having Jungkook been with you the whole time or have been busy. With a soft sigh, you watched Jungkook lie down and close his eyes. You followed and did the same, deciding to relax as well and calm your racing heart and mind.