Episode 3-10: Lounge Confusion

Jack was quick to perform a simple sleeping spell on the mer-guard before they all quickly swam out of the museum and hid behind the chunk of coral again. When they snuck a peek at Ace, they're quite impressed that he's still keeping the conversation up with the guard outside.

"...And I just loved that story my Grandma read me about a human prince and a mermaid princess." Ace continues to rant with the biggest smile on his face,"They made a movie out of that, you know. I saw it with my girlfriend when I was younger! That was just about thirty years ago." the guard says with a fond tone,"No matter how many times I see it, that scene of the princess hugging her father gets me every time." he says as he wipes a little tear from his eye.

"I know, right?! That's, like, THE scene!" Ace nods rapidly and y/n tilts her head at this,[Huh, the movie sounds pretty good. I'll ask Ace where I can watch it later.] she thought with a small smile as she hugs the picture close to her.

"I'm surprised a kid your age has even watched it." the guard comments,"Oh, my brother's a huge movie buff. That flick's top-tier. Soundtrack's legendary, too." Ace ruffles the back of his hair,"Oh yeah, speaking of which, is it true that all merfolk are good singers?" he asks with curiosity.

The guard laughs as he waves his hand in denial,"Oh, far from it. That's an old urban legend. One of my own classmates is so tone-deaf, their singing is like nails on a rockboard." he tells him with an amused smile.

"Ace is still goin' strong!" Grim says with an irritated expression,"I'm impressed he can carry on a conversation with a complete stranger for so long." Deuce praises and y/n mods in agreement,"We got what we came for. We need to go, pronto." Jack says.

"I'll catch his attention really quick." y/n offers and she waves her arms around, successfully catching Ace's attention as she shows him the photo, to which he beams at before turning back to the guard,"Ah, look at the time. I think I'd better get going." he says with a sheepish grin.

"Aw, are you sure?" the guard leans in close to whisper to Ace,"Seeing as you're such a big merfolk fan and all, I wouldn't mind giving you a little sneak peek at the museum while it's closed." he offers,"Nah. That'd be cheating, and cheaters never prosper." Ace quickly denies the offer,"I'll be sure to check the museum hours before I mosey down here again. Later, man!" he waves before swimming towards his friends.

The guard waves after him,"Feel free to come back anytime!" he calls out before putting his hand on his waist with a proud and satisfied smile,"It's not every day you meet a nice young fellow like that." he comments.

"So, how'd it go on your end?" Ace asks and y/n shows off the photo with a smirk,"Photo acquired! Myeh heh heh. Couldn't have been easier." Grim brags from y/n's shoulder,"Great. Let's head back to campus, then." Ace points in the direction of the mirror portal.

"Right. I can't wait to shove this picture right in Azul's smug face." Deuce grins widely while Jack's ears twitches,"Wait." he stops them as he goes on the defense just as y/n spots two, very long shadows swimming over them, causing her to break out in cold sweat.

"Hehe... Did anyone else see two really long shadows just now...?" she says with a very anxious smile as she hugs the photo closer to her chest,"Theeere you are, Little Shrimpy." Floyd cooes as he and Jade made their appearance once more before them, blocking their only way out. Floyd grins widely in y/n's direction as he eyes the photo in her hands,"Greetings, everyone. I see you've already forgotten your previous lesson and decided to try your luck in the deep again." Jade remarks with an amused smile.

"It's the moray brothers!" Jack was quick to pull his magical pen out as he glares at the twins as Jade turns his attention on y/n and the photo,"You appear to have gotten ahold of the photo." he remarks with narrowed eyes,"No, duh." y/n hisses at him.