Prologue 0-5: Egos Clashing

"More ghosts?! They're floating around here too!" Ace flinches back as y/n grabbed a stray wooden stick and swings it around wildly at the ghosts, semi-successfully chasing them away,"If we stop to fight, we'll never get anywhere. Let's just keep moving." Deuce urges the group and Ace glares at him,"Sure, but don't act like we voted you team leader. The only reason we're here in the first place is because of that stupid stunt you pulled." he spat as he's forehead to forehead with Deuce.

"Oh? I'm pretty sure this all started because you tried to shirk your window-cleaning punishment!" Deuce shouts in his face as y/n took notice of the ghosts fleeing suddenly,"So, we're bringing up ancient history now? Then if you wanna get down to brass tacks, this all started when furball torched that statue!" Ace points to Grim.

"Myah?! Maybe you shouldn'ta made fun of me, then!" Grim growls as y/n hears something strange in the distance,"Guys! We're in real hot water, remember?! If we don't come back with a magestone by morning, we're all being expelled!" Deuce reminds them as y/n heads the strange noise getting closer to their group.

"Yeah, which is why we don't need you ordering the rest of us around. It gets old real fast." Ace glares at Deuce with crossed arms,"Would you all calm down for a sec? I think I'm hearing a voice..." y/n tells them, silencing the arguing males.

"...iiivvv......oooouuu..."

It sounds deep, but also as if it was drowning. That alarms the rest of the group,"Wh-where's that comin' from?" Ace shakingly asks,"...neeevvvaaa......iiivvv......ooouuu..." the voice says as it got closer,"Sounds like... it's getting closer... Deuce says fearfully as he pulls y/n back to him.

That's when it appeared. A giant monster made out of black tar wearing a red, torn jacket and a red pointy hat. It's head was made out of a round jar that's cracked, leaking some of the black tar-like substance while carrying a pickaxe in its left hand and a later in its right,"Stooonesss... Stooonesss aaare miiiiine!" it roars.

"Bwah! There it is!" the group scream in terror before making a run for it with the monster chasing after them,"What is that?!" Deuce screams after they found a hiding spot,"Myaaah! No one said there'd be monsters! Let's get outta here!" Grim screams as he clings onto y/n, who's holding him tightly against her body.

"That thing's super creepy! But didn't it just say something about 'stones'?!" Ace remembers,"It did! It actually did!" y/n pants,"Wait, what?!" Grim exclaims with surprise,"Stooonesss......nevvva give stooonesss...!" the monster shouts, surprising the group with its words.

"So there ARE still magestones here!" Deuce exclaims with relief,"Myaaah... Even as a master sorcerer, I... I don't think I can take that thing down!" Grim yells with a rapidly shaking head,"But we need a magestone or we'll get expelled! I'm going in!" Deuce declares determinedly,"Are you outta your mind?!" Ace's jaw drop at this.

"Deuce, that's a reckless idea! It's too dangerous to go out there by yourself. Let me go with you." y/n says with a stern expression. Deuce nods before looking back at Ace,"I won't be expelled! No matter what!" he shouts, that unfortunately attracts the monster's attention to them.

The group start running again all the while casting spells at the monster,"Begone! Begone! Begooone!" the monster shouts as it threateningly held it pickaxe up,"Bwaaah!" Deuce grunts as the blunt side of the pickaxe sends him flying into a stone wall,"Deuce!" y/n shouts with worry as the entire group stops running.

"Aw, crap! He's got Loosey-Deucey on the ropes! Not on my watch! Heeyah!" Ace casts his wind magic, but his barelt had any affect at all,"Rrroooarrrgh!" the monster screams, clearly displeased with the ongoing attacks before also sending Ace flying a bit away from Deuce and y/n,"Ooof!" he grunts as he hit the wall,"Ace!" y/n shouts with even more worry.