The Mercenaries have a bad premonition that these monsters were evolving while or after fighting them. Such a thing, could they attribute it to the skill called Memory Transfer? Is that also means that there's really such a Mage amongst these monsters with such skill?

If there really is, it was alarming.

It's not just the Mercenaries who have this terrible thought, Rusty, who was now dragging two Mercenaries toward the cave where he and Her Ladyship was resting for a moment, one is a combat-type and the other is a Mage, also had this thought in mind.

Two out of ten monsters he fought with knew how to speak human language, even just a little, while four out of ten were able to cheaply imitate his combat style.

It was concerning because those monsters were supposed to be low to middle-level ones, only driving by instincts. They were not the high nor superior-level monsters that have intelligence comparable to human's.

"Ugh... You, how are you still alive?"

Just as Rusty finally reached the cave and went inside, he rudely tossed the two Mercenaries onto the ground. He looked at them as if saying 'The same goes for you. Why are you not dead yet?'.

That condescending look stabbed at the combat-type Mercenary's sore spot. He lay like a dead person on the ground and did not move, eyes closing while asking himself the same question.

Right. How was he still alive? How come even though he courted death in this past few days, he was still alive? He was clearly battered, black and blue. But that was all to it. He didn't sustain any serious injuries that could threaten his life. And even when he was about a few inches away from the monsters' ominous blades, there this always someone who saved him just in time. Either they both survived, or the said person sacrificed himself for him.

It was frustrating.

"Looks like you don't have any will to live. I can help you leave this world if you want. Free of charge."

The cold and mocking tone of the Knight stabbed yet again to the combat-type Mercenary's sore spot. But he remained silent, only lifted his right arm and uses it to cover his eyes with a weak and surrendered smile.

"Stop mocking Mr. Valdez! Someone like you who didn't know what's he'd been through don't have any right to-"

"...It's okay, Mr. Alex. After all, that Knight was right."

"Mr. Valdez... no, you..."

The Knight, Rusty, just look at the two Mercenaries as if they were no important, like a dispensable ware that once their uses were exhausted, and they could no longer be needed, it was no trouble to dispose of them. That look in his eyes stirred irritation to Alex. A look as if they were not humans.

Alex was about to launch at the arrogant Knight when he abruptly stops after hearing footsteps coming out from the deepest part of the cave. He vigilantly closes his distance to the still dejected Valdez as he waits to see if who was with this Knight. Not long after, he was dumbfounded to see who it was...

It was a kid. A little girl, no less.

'Why's a kid here? Wait! Don't tell me-'

Alex intently watch the little girl walk steadily towards them despite her dirty, tattered looks, screaming just how she spent her every moment these past few days.

Valdez, who was acting dead just a moment ago, for some reason, was now also looking intently to her as he pulls himself to sit, but eyes never leaving the little girl.

"Rusty, what took you so long? I thought something bad happen to you. It worries me."

"Please forgive this Knight, My Lady. I didn't mean to worry you. It just took me some time to look for essentials."