Eyes

Being the protectors of the universe I hc that all the paladins have disabilities from their battles against the Galra. Lance lost his hearing in his left ear, Pidge occasionally has trouble functioning her joints, Shiro obviously lost his arm, and Hunk got head trauma and occasionally has a hard time comprehending things. Now it's Keith's turn.

Some gore up ahead. Like not too detailed but it does explain Keith removal of the eyes and how it happens. So if you don't like gore please skip over that! Or this whole one shot if it feels needed!

Gods this is the longest one shot I have ever written.

Little: Keith
Cg: Lance

It was suppose to be a day off at the space mall. The paladins had been excited a few days now for this trip. They had all grown extremely exhausted mentally and physically from the war. They were ready to take the day off and enjoy themselves. The team flew together to the mall, and rushed inside.

Everyone went off in their own little groups, Pidge and Hunk, Shiro with Allura and Coran, and Keith with Lance.

The two walked hand in hand as they strolled the mall. They decided they would go get some lunch and were looking at the fast food places aimlessly. Lance hummed a soft tune as he squeezed Keith's hand in his. Keith smiled and squeezed back.

"Hey what about that place? I'm kinda in the mood for some chinese right now." Lance suggested pointing at a place across from them. Keith smiled and nodded. Chinese too had sounded good at the moment for him. He could always go for some sesame chicken and egg rolls.

Walking to the stand, and waiting in line the two looked at the menu to see what all they wanted. In the end they decided to split fried rice, and egg rolls. Keith decided to order his sesame chicken with a Dr Pepper, and Lance ended up choosing the wanton soup and root bear.

They soon reached the front and ordered their food. After telling the cashier their name, and filling up their drinks, they walked to find a seat, and listened carefully to hear their name as they aimlessly chatted.

Lances head snapped up as he heard his named called. He excused himself from his conversation with his boyfriend to go and get their food. After thanking the cashier he returned to his seat across from Keith, and began to sort their food out as they continued their conversation from where they left off.

"— I'm serious, Keith! I would pay to see you or Shiro in a bunny outfit!" Lance laughed, trying not to spray the sip of root beer he just downed. He and Keith were talking about going to Spirit Halloween with the others before their trip ended, and he had remembered how he had convinced Hunk to wear a bunny suit a year prior, and the sight had been absolutely hilarious. He would love to see that again with someone else. (He means this all completely SFW Just a funny, joke way!!!!"

Keith snorted. "You won't ever catch me dead in one of those."

"Not even in bed...?" Lance joked, completely sarcastic. He was just one for the gross jokes. Keith laughed, and gave Lance the bird.

"We should get matching costumes though at least. Since we got that party coming up." Lance suggested. Keith smiled and nodded. "I'd love that."

"Ooh. You should be a vampire and I can be a werewolf!" Lance grinned.

"Lance I didn't know you were a furry?!" Keith joked giggling hysterically at the flabbergasted look on Lances face.

"You. Did. Not." Lance laughed as he finished the last of his food.

"Yeah. Yeah. Cmon let's go find the others. I'm sure their all ready to go to spirit Halloween. I know Pidge is esta—"

"Paladins! A Galra just attacked a couple of aliens and ran off! Keith, Lance you're the closest to the area. You two try and locate him, the rest of you make your way to the food area!" Allura cut Keith off. Keith and Lance shot up, and began running. Keith tried to hide his disappointment of their relax day being cut off. This was more important than him.