They brought the supplies into the dining room with the others and they all worked to help each other. Camilla had just been informed on everything that happened to them.

"Well... that is certainly a lot... no matter. You are all safe here. Try to get some rest." She gestured for Hunter to follow her. "Here, I'll get you a shirt. In fact, I will get you all pajamas. Luz, help the girls. I'll help the boys get situated."

"Si, mami. Cmon, guys."

When Navalia got up, she stumbled. Everyone turned to her. "I'm fine," she lied. She was strangely more tired after the spell she did.

But it wasn't that strange. She knew why it was happening. She just didn't want to admit it out loud.

Luz got Amity, Willow, and Navalia some sleeping bags for the night. They borrowed some pajamas from her, too.

Navalia was gonna ask Willow a favor, but she didn't end up needing to after she saw her destroy an alarm clock.

Her magic was fine... so what the hell was up with hers?

No matter how much she tried, sleep didn't come that night for Navalia. Her worries overloaded her more than her exhaustion.

To cope, she went up to the rooftop of Luz's house to stargaze.

The stars there were harder to see than back at home. Human pollution does that. But it was nice nonetheless. The trees being green instead of orange and red and pink was cool.

It was a breezy night, but she didn't mind. The college sweater Camilla gave her was warm, and the borrowed sweats were soft and well insulated.

She sat feeding Cthulhu as her mind wandered.

"You think Eda, King, Lilith, Hooty, and Raine are ok?"

He gurgled.

"Yeah, I know they can handle themselves. It's just... what if they don't know where we went? They could think we're dead. King could be all alone with the Collector, and Eda and Raine might have been separated, too..."

A teal tentacle gently sucked on her finger.

"My magic is so weird now... I'm scared you're gonna get weird, too. I could not only loose my magic, but you. I'm scared... I wanna go home..."

She finally managed to cry. Her octopus soaked up the tears.

"Navalia?"

Her head whipped around. It was Luz. She quickly wiped them out of her eyes.

"Luz! Hey. Sorry, did I wake anyone?"

"No, I couldn't sleep either... you're crying?"

"No! Of course not."

"You're lying to make me feel better."

"Luz—"

"Valia, I'm so sorry, I'm sorry you're stuck here, I feel terrible for all this—"

Tears started welling up in her eyes, too. Navalia smiled sadly at her.

𝘚𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘌𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨                         Tнe Goldeɴ Gυαrdजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें