~You Must Be Lying :

•Chapter 23.

_______________

RJ's heart made a very big jump in his chest. It felt like it almost got out of his body. Shocked and lost were not enough to describe his reaction, but they were already letting you know how he was feeling about that news.

He stared at her motionless. Every part of him was frozen, even his brain. Well, a little for this one. He couldn't help but think though. A lot were going through his mind. He wanted to threw up and to run to the end of the world, then jumped in emptiness. He wasn't ready to hear this. He had planned to have a baby later, not in high school.

Pregnant.

Did she really said that ? I'm pregnant. Are they really the words that got out of her mouth ? Was he not sleeping and in the middle of a nightmare ? Now, he was praying for it.

Maybe it was a joke.

He swallowed the saliva that stayed stuck in his throat taking back control of his body as he delicately parted his lips away to speak, "What...did...you...just...say ? You're...not...serious...right ? "

She lowered her head fixing her eyes on her black converses, "I wish I was lying, but...I'm not. I'm really pregnant, RJ. And...it's yours."

He didn't know what was going with him, but he started laughing. At first, it was a normal laughter, but it quickly turned into a hysterical one. He couldn't control himself anymore. His forehead even began to sweat.

After a couple of minute, he stopped and looked back at her. He put his hands on his hips, "No. No, it's not. It can't be."

"Do you not remember what happened at-"

"We didn't ! "

"We don't know ! " She screamed, "We're not sure. Well, now yes. I'm pregnant." She said calming down.

"Are you really sure about this ? Maybe..."

She shook her head, "There is no maybe. I'm carrying your child. And I told my parents. My father got completely insane and kicked me out. RJ, you're the only one that can help me." She was crying now, "I have nowhere to go. Please."

He sighed wiping his face, "Come in." He moved to the side, let her enter in the house and closed the door behind her. Then, he suddenly stopped. He frowned thinking about something, "But...uh...Okay, you're sure to be pregnant, but...are you sure to know who the father is ? "

She gasped feeling offended, "How can you ask me that question ? I'm not a slut ! "

"But two months ago, you skipped school with Trevor to go to his house ! His parents weren't there and we all know what this means ! And earlier you told me that he used you and was after only one thing and it wasn't your heart ! The way you were talking was telling me that you actually did it with him and maybe lost your virginity to that idiot. How far are you anyways ? "