"I have no choice but to agree," Mickey adds.

"You don't survive the final battle or did you forget?"

His playfulness dissipates and he stops preparing his food. "No, I didn't forget. But as you said, if there's even an outside chance that we beat Percival, then my mental abilities are going to be key."

Mickey says, "You can open up a portal to literally anywhere."

He puts down his knife, sighing. "I'm not going to leave either of you." He reaches out for Tabitha, who takes his hand. Then he guides her to sit in the seat next to Mickey, so that he can look at both of them. "I came back from the dead for this. And if it means going up against Percival mano-a-mano, then I'm going to do it."

"I knew you'd say that," Tabitha's voice cracks. "And you said that in every scenario that I visited. But I couldn't...—I had to try."

"I know." He picks up her hand to kiss the back of it. "Now I'm going to make a sandwich for each of us because this can very well be our last meal together."

Neither girls go against this. In a way, they knew that they all needed this moment.

It's not until they're eating, that a shiver runs up Tabitha's spine, causing her to sit up straight. A weird look crosses her face.

"Tabby?" Mickey asks, "What is it?"

"Something's wrong," Tabitha barely whispers. "My sense of the divine is tingling."

"What?"

"It's a heightened awareness. I'm Riverdale's guardian angel. And one of the souls of the town is dying." She stands up abruptly and makes her way out of the kitchen. When she realizes the two of them are following her, she stops them. "Just stay here where you're safe."

"No way!" Mickey argues.

"We're coming with you," Jughead insists.

"I have to do this alone," Tabitha tells them. "I'll be back."

Mickey and Jughead stand there, watching her leave. Then they're alone. Solemnly, they return to the island, but neither of them touch their food.

"Happy death day, I guess."

"Don't joke like that," Mickey deadpans. "It's not funny."

"My dark humor is the only thing that's gonna get me through this day." That's when he notices the tears forming in her eyes. When the first one spills, he reaches to swipe it with his thumb. "Please don't cry."

"I don't want you to die." Then they're both standing, wrapped up in each other. "I won't survive it."

"You have to," he tells her. "No matter what."

It's not until later that day that Jughead and Mickey reunite with Tabitha. They meet her at Riverdale High to be caught up on what has happened.

Mickey shouldn't be surprised by the tricks Percival's pulling. He has managed to get into outsiders' minds to get them to kill her friends. Archie was weakened and attacked by Reggie and Veronica was almost shot by their abuelita.

Tabitha has been busy too. She's accelerated baby Anthony's aging because Percival wanted to kill him to stop Anthony from being his match. Now he's no longer baby Anthony, but grown up Anthony, the only true threat to Percival because they're both immortal. With him, the Serpents can attack Percival and have a surviving chance.

Jughead leans on a desk behind him. "You've seen all the scenarios play out, Tabitha. Do you really think this Serpent surprise attack is gonna work?"

Tabitha shrugs. "I mean, the Battle of the Babylonium is one of two possible ways we beat Percival. So maybe, maybe not. Like they say, hope for the best, prepare for the worst."