IF Stories - If the Normal Days Continued - Part 3

"Okay, I think that looks good"

Standing in front of a mirror was Amakawa Haruto grooming himself and getting ready for school that day. After eating dinner with Miharu and her family, Haruto headed straight to his rented apartment, took a shower, dove into his bed, and immediately fell asleep.

As he was walking to school, he remembered the omelet rice he had at dinner at Miharu's house, it was so delicious that he wanted to try and eat it again but a little bit embarrassed to go there since Miharu's parents will definitely tease the both of them during his stay there. 

"Hmm ... maybe I could ask Mii-chan to make a lunchbox for me? No, no wouldn't that be shameless of me? ... Hmm?

As he was seriously contemplating ways in asking Miharu to try it and make it for him again, he suddenly felt a tap on his shoulder...

"Good morning, Haruto-kun, looks like you're in deep thought something happened?"

"Oh. Good morning, Satsuki-senpai. No don't worry about it, just thinking mundane stuff"

"Heee, really? are you sure it isn't about what happened yesterday, did you and Miharu-chan do something naughty perhaps?"

"P-please don't joke around like that Satsuki-senpai. Nothing happened really, I just went to her house and ate with her pare- "

Haruto tried to deny Satsuki's misguided assumptions and tried to answer honestly until he noticed that he said too much, which caused him to stop during his talk.

"E-eh ...?"

" ... "

"Ehhhhhhhhhhh ... y-you went inside Miharu-chan's house? That reserved Miharu-chan? Kyaahhhh ... d-details tell me the details" 

Satsuki squealed in shock and delight at the juicy information she got, asking for more. Her nose fuming. Haruto decided not to tell her the fact that they were childhood friends -which Satsuki has still no clue about – and that both went together in each other's houses when they were children.

"O-oops wow look at the time, I forgot that I have morning duty today, see you later Satsuki-senpai"

"O-oi wait. Haruto-kun"

Not wanting to dig himself deeper Haruto made an immediate excuse to Satsuki and dashed all the way to school not bothering to hear his upperclassman call for 'wait'.

"Ahhh~ there he goes, and I want to more about it" Satsuki pouted cutely. Until a little girl called out to her from behind.

"Hear about what? Satsuki-oneechan?"

"Oh, Good morning, Aki-chan. You too Masato-kun, Takahisa-kun"

 You too Masato-kun, Takahisa-kun"

It was the Sendo siblings. Masato and Aki are still in middle school but their school is close to their brother's so the siblings often go to school together.