IF Stories - If the Normal Days Continued - Part 1

'I'll come get you when we're bigger! We'll get married'

'That way...we'll always be together, I'll always be beside you, and I can protect Mii-chan with my life'

Standing in front of the bulletin board where the class registration was displayed, is a young man, Amakawa Haruto, he was looking at the bulletin board searching for a certain name 'Miharu Ayase', when he remembered his last words directed to that certain girl. This caused him to blush slightly at the certain memory.

She's here...

Yes...In another twist of fate, the two of them enrolled in the same high school. Though they were in different classes the sight of Miharu's name on one of the class lists made him freeze in shock.

Haruto felt elation swell in his chest and clenched his fist tightly. He lost track of time for a moment, staring at Miharu's name until he got scolded by an upperclassman of his, Sumeragi Satsuki.

It was their first meeting but Haruto can tell that this girl is popular as can be seen by the looks the other students are giving her. She had long, beautiful hair, that reached her waist, a dignified face with cute features, and a slender body.

 She had long, beautiful hair, that reached her waist, a dignified face with cute features, and a slender body

He thanked her and after that left the bulletin boards until...

Ah...

He froze at the sight of Miharu in a school uniform. There was no mistaking her – despite the time that had passed – because she had always been precious to him.

Her silky-straight black hair reached all the way down her back. Her facial features were elegantly refined, and her skin was porcelain-white. She had a small stature, but her figure was well-balanced, and though she seemed somewhat reserved, she had a certain graceful air about her that attracted the gaze of anyone around her.

Miharu had grown into a picture-perfect beauty.

Haruto felt his heart skip a beat — he was overwhelmed with joy at seeing his beloved childhood friend again. Yet, at the same time, he was dumbstruck... Next to Miharu was a boy that Haruto didn't know. Seeing Miharu chatting intimately with this unknown boy shook Haruto to his core.

 Seeing Miharu chatting intimately with this unknown boy shook Haruto to his core