18. Radiant

"You look radiant your grace." Erryk remarked and Gaena's fake smile instantly turned real.

"Thank you Erryk." Gaena turned to him. 

"It's Arryk actually." Erryk lied as Gaena stood up. 

"Liar." Gaena whispered. "I can tell you apart now." He opened his mouth to speak but silenced himself smiling down at her and he couldnt contain the feeling.

"Come with me." Erryk demanded and Gaena glanced around.

"What are you-"

"Be quiet," Erryk insisted,  leading her outside, the night sky around them and everyone focus on the party gave them some privacy.

"Erryk?" Gaena questioned but he pulled her back to him, running a hand up her thigh. Wrapping her hand around the back of his neck and pulling him to her their lips molded together. Erryk pulled Gaena into him and Gaena arched into him, leaning back against Erryk shoulder with her head in the crook of Erryk's neck. Erryk was supporting her with one arm around her, the other across her lower body with her hand trailing under her dress, long kisses and bites along her neck. His hand buried between Gaena's legs, his fingers nestled deep inside her while his thumb rubbed in slow, agonizing little circles on her clit. Gaena opened her mouth to speak, but she didn't want to Erryk to stop, she wanted more. She just didn't want everyone to see or hear but she didn't want to be quiet.

"What has gotten into you?" Gaena whispered leaning into him a chuckle on her lips.

'Problem?" Erryk questioned her voice a purr in Gaena's ear. Her voice stuck in her throat as she tipped her head back into Him, Erryk's chuckle vibrated along her spine adding to the pleasure. But a call for the queen pulled Erryk away slightly leaving Gaena feeling on the verge release before that feeling faded quickly.

Erryk adjusted pushing off the wall as Gaena tried to control the flush of her cheeks.

'Plenty of time for that my queen.' Erryk told her. He wrapped his arms around her and she felt really loved. Gaena sighed into him as he kissed her cheek before heading back to the party.

"Fuck," Gaena moaned fixing her dress. "I could get used to that!"

+

''They make a handsome match, don't they?''

''What?'' Criston questioned turning to Joffrey.

''Well, the Princess and Ser Laenor.'' Joffrey told him smugly.  ''Ser Joffrey Lonmouth, or the Knight of Kisses, they call me, though I don't know why.'' He introduced.

'' I'm on watch. What's your business?''

''You don't know me, Ser Criston. But we are both deeply invested in this union.''

''If you have something to say, Ser Joffrey, speak it.'' Criston hissed

''Ser Laenor is quite dear to me. As I know... the Princess is to you. We should swear to each other to guard them, and their secrets, because if those are kept safe... then so are we all'' Joffrey told him.

''May I, Ser Harwin?'' Daemon said stepping into his place on the dance floor.

''Of course, my Prince.'' Harwin remarked stepping away immediately. 

At the feast Damon moved through the crowd getting to Rhaenyra and leading her away from the center

''Is this what you want?'' Daemon asked

''I was not aware that what I wanted matter to you.' Rhaenyra countered

'This is not for you.'' he told her ''he is a good man in a fine night he will bore you senseless.''

''Marriage is only a political arrangement I hear.'' Rhaenyra reminded him.

''Mine was recently dissolved.'' Daemon reminded her.

''so take me and then has this not been your purpose?'' She countered ''I am not yet married but the hours past swiftly you are surely unarmed cut through my fathers kings guard take me to Dragon stone and make me your wife.'' he stared down at her grabbing her face in his hands when screams rang out.

A riot broke out and the princess was nowhere in sight as circle dueled against Ser Joffrey suddenly, scrambling to get away. Ser Joffrey felt lightheaded blood trickled from his nose as Criston beat joffrey to a pulp. Rhaenyra was carried away from the madness and all went quiet as Cole got up marching away. Laenor looked at his lover dead on the floor he crawled over to him his head bashed in blood seeping around him he cried out.

"What in the Seven Hells is going on?"

"Stop this!" Corlys demanded

''Where's Rhaenyra?'' Viserys shouted. "Where is Gaena? Where is the queen?'

''Princess?'' Harwin shouted.

''Put me down!'' Rhaenyra declared as Harwin carried her over his shoulder leading her away. 

"Seven hells." Gaena declared looking around at the scene before them. She looked to Viserys as he stumbled down the steps to get to her.

"Are you alright?" Viserys questioned touching her face gently. "You are flushed. " he kissed her cheek.

"I am... whats going on?" Gaena stammered.

"Criston Cole and Laenor's guard Ser  Joffrey." Viserys muttered.

"Oh..." it was all Gaena could say.

"Are you truly alright my love?'

"Truly." Gaena agreed kissing him gently her forehead resting against his.

+

"The love of the Seven is holy and eternal. The source of life and love. We stand here tonight in thanks and praise to join two souls as one." The high septon began. ''Father... Mother... Warrior... Smith... Maiden... Crone... Stranger. Hear now their vows.'' Rhaenyra stared across at a weepy Laenor, for he had just lost the true love of his life.

''I am yours and you are mine. Whatever may come.'' Laenor said sadly.

''I am yours and you are mine. Whatever may come.'' Rhaenyra whispered back and kissed the corner of his lips. Drift mark, Rhaenyra is your problem now! Gaena wanted to declared joyously.

''Here, in the presence of gods and men, I proclaim... Laenor of House Velaryon... Rhaenyra of House Targaryen, to be man and wife. One flesh... one heart... one soul... now and forever.'' The high septon declared as Viserys collapsed to the ground before them.  Gaena's joyous moment plummeted as she dropped down next to him, screaming to get the maester.

"Viserys... Viserys? Viserys!" she sobbed. "HELP HIM!"

+

Ser Criston was going to kill himself after what he had done, the dishonor of it all. He couldn't live with himself but the news of the kings collapse made him drop the blade.

''Ser Criston.'' Gaena called out. "I forbid you from ending your life." Gaena told him and Criston stared back at her falling back on his heels as she approached. 'I trust you Criston. I like you. I need people I trust for whats to come."

"I disgraced-''

'Joffrey was a cunt, it was clear as day." Gaena retorted offering him her hand. He hesitantly took it as she helped him up. "I want you on my service." Gaena told him.

"Your grace-''

"Criston. Can you be loyal to me?"

"Always your grace." Criston agreed.

"We have much work to do Criston. Viserys needs me more than ever... and I need people I trust in my corner so we may all survive this bloody game of thrones."

+

Bk 3 All too Well // Otto // Criston out now!