Part 8

I was in class listening to yet another boring lecture about stuff I learned when I was 3 and was dozing off when the bell rang.
I sat up with drool down the side of my face. 
There was one more class but I didn't really want to go so I decided to go to the training room instead.

I wasn't surprised to find Tess there with gramps working on her core.
She looked exhausted from all the assimilation so I grabbed her a bottle of water.
"Here you go." She reaches up with shaky hands and gulped it down.
"Thanks Art," She smiles. "It's been awhile brat, how have you been?" Gramps slapped my back making me stumble.
I glared at him. "Much better without you around."

I sat down next to Tess and we all talked for a little bit before the upcoming ball was brought up. "They say it's at the Glayders palace and a lot of nobles are going to be attending!" Tess said excitedly.

"Well tell me how it is when you get back."
"Your invited you know." Gramps chipped in.
"But I'm a commoner." I got up form my spot on the ground and started stretching.
"Yes, but your father and the twin horns will be some of the guards there, and they also feel guilty about the last incident that happened at the auction." He whispered the last part while I just rolled my eyes.

"As they should." Gramps chuckled and laid flat on the ground.
"So who do you plan to bring brat." He grinned raising his eyebrows in a flirtatious manor.
It took me a second to figure out he was talking about a date.

I could see Tess blushing while pretending to play with the grass.
I immediately started to register what he was implying: he wanted me to have Tess as my date.
I tried thinking of every excuse in the book but none of them would cut it. I decided to take the ignorant route instead.
"If I'm going to take anyone it's going to be Ellie. I don't want any one of those nasty boys getting even a mile close to her." It was a half truth. I didn't want anyone hitting on my adorable little sister but I also didn't want to go with Tess. It's a win win.

I could see the disappointment in Tess's face and the impatience in Virions.
I pretended like I didn't notice and started training.

"Well we'll be going now." Virion yelled from the door. "Alright see ya." I waved and watched he left with an angry Tess.
"I hope she got the hint already."

After training I headed back to the dorm.
"Hey Arthur!" Elijah was changing his sheets while doing homework at the same time.
"Hey man," I helped him flatten out the new covers and pull at the corners.

"Did you hear, there's a ball and I'm invited!" He said excitedly. 
"Me two." I was blunt. "H-how?"
"Because I'm special~" I turned my nose up and we both started laughing.

The days past in a flash and soon enough it was the day of the ball.

Oooh I wonder who's going to be there?