𝟹𝟻

Authors Note
Just realised I don't have a playlist for this book. Thoughts on me making one?

***

"I told you there was something wrong with that Prince person," Hermione said, evidently unable to stop herself. "And I was right, wasn't I."

"No, I don't think you were," said Harry stubbornly.
He was having a bad enough time without Hermione lecturing him. After using the sectumsempra curse on Draco Malfoy in the bathroom and getting about a dozen detentions from Snape, he returned to Gryffindor tower to tell his two friends and his girlfriend what he had done then he and y/n went and hid the book in the room of requirements. Hermione would not stop going on about it.

Harry sat on the arm chair whilst y/n sat on the arm of it, her hand on his shoulder while Hermione and Ron sat opposite them.

"Harry," said Hermione, "how can you still stick up for that book when that spell —"

"Will you stop harping on about the book!" snapped Harry. "The Prince only copied it out! It's not like he was advising anyone to use it! For all we know, he was making a note of something that had been used against him!"

"I don't believe this," said Hermione. "You're actually defending—

"I'm not defending what I did!" said Harry quickly. "I wish I hadn't done it, and not just because I've got about a dozen detentions. You know I wouldn't've used a spell like that, not even on Malfoy, but you can't blame the Prince, he hadn't written 'try this out, it's really good' — he was just making notes for himself, wasn't he, not for anyone else. . . ."

"Are you telling me," said Hermione, "that you're going to go back — ?"

"And get the book? Yeah, I am," said Harry forcefully. "Listen, without the Prince I'd never have won the Felix Felicis. I'd never have known how to save Ron from poisoning, I'd never have —"

"— got a reputation for Potions brilliance you don't deserve," said Hermione nastily.

"Give it a rest, Hermione!" said y/n, and Harry was so amazed, so grateful for her. "Malfoy was trying to use the cruicatous curse on Harry, I'm just glad he was able to defend himself."

"Well, of course I'm glad Harry wasn't cursed!" said Hermione, clearly stung. "But you can't call that Sectumsempra spell good, y/n, look where it's landed him!

"Oh, please Malfoy has been asking for that for a long time, from the way his family has treated mine for years, and how Malfoy treats us. Yes Harry shouldn't have done it but stop being so. . ." Y/n stopped herself. "The bottom line is Malfoy is fine and I'm sure Narcissa is on her way to see her precious son."

Harry and Ron stared.

Hermione and Y/n, who had always got on together very well, were now sitting with their arms folded, glaring in opposite directions. Ron looked nervously at Harry who shrugged and put his hand on y/n's knee to calm her down.

***

Y/n sat in the common room by the window, finishing up an Herbology essay when Harry came and sat opposite her.

"Hey." Y/n said cheerfully and leaned forward and kissed him right on the lips. It wasn't a kiss you'd forget easily. Harry turned pink.