𝟹𝟹

***

They got back to Hogwarts via floo network once break was over. It was the safest option for Harry.

Y/n and Harry had met up with Hermione and Ron had been taken away by Lavender. Ginny was also with them but she said she has to go meet Dean although she didn't sound to enthusiastic about it.

"So how was your Christmas?" Y/n asked Hermione as the three of them walked the halls.

"Oh, fine." Hermione shrugged. "Nothing special. How was it at Won-Won's?"

"Look, Hermione, can't you —" Harry tried to reason with the girl but she cut him off.

"No, I can't," she said flatly. "So don't even ask."

"I thought maybe, you know, over Christmas —"

"It was the Fat Lady who drank a vat of five-hundred-year-old wine, Harry, not me. So what was this important news you wanted to tell me?" Hermione said fiercely and Harry grew scared to argue with her.

Harry shared a look with y/n and dropped the subject of Ron and Lavender. Harry started to recount all that he had overheard between Malfoy and Snape.

When he had finished, Hermione sat in thought for a moment and then said, "Don't you think — ?"

But she cut herself off upon hearing the irritating voice of Lavender as her, y/n and Harry walked the crowded hall.

"Yeah, of course I'll wear it." Ron said. Y/n turned and saw a hideous necklace that said 'My sweetheart' around Ron's neck that Lavender was now clasping.

Lavender squealed "That's my Won-won." and leaned over to kiss Ron.

"Excuse me I need to go throw up." Hermione said and turned around and walked away from y/n and Harry.

"My god." Y/n said. "She needs to stop doing this—" y/n started saying to Harry but he cut her off.

"Y/n, listen I need to go talk to Dumbledore, okay?" He said and stood in front of her, holding both her hands.

Y/n was surprised by the urgency in his voice but nodded anyway.

"Oh, okay. Sure." She said, quickly. She was a bit confused but went along with it anyway.

Harry nodded and took off, with not much of a goodbye. Y/n sighed and went the other direction to see if she could find a Hermione. It wouldn't be hard she would either be in the Libary or their dorm or the common room but the common room was rare these days since Ron and Lavender liked to snog in there.

***

Y/n didn't see Harry until dinner that night. After seeing Tom Riddles memories at Dumbledores office Harry went back to the common room and found Ron but not y/n since she has already gone down to the great hall with Hermione and Ginny.

The three girls had just walked over to the Gryffindor table when someone came over before
y/n could take her seat.

"Y/n, hey, how was your Christmas?" It was Rory Ellington.

Hermione and Ginny had taken their seats beside
y/n whilst y/n remained standing next to them, talking to Rory.

Y/n didn't really wanna talk to him but was still polite and made small talk about Christmas and asked him how his was.