12

Jiwon hastily assembled the tenants in preparation for the vote. It was difficult to locate every tenant since the lobby was dim, cloudy, and tinged blue, giving the impression of uniformity. With the exception of the elderly married couple, practically all the tenants had assembled, and the girl couldn't help but sigh. After approaching the elderly couple, she gave the older guy a glare with her eyes before turning to Mrs. Hyun and grinning. The girl noticed that Mrs. Hyun had multiple red marks on her face from physical abuse by Mr. Hyun. She mentally cursed the old man and wished for the worst to happen to him.

"Could you both please go to the room next to the lobby?" Jiwon questioned.

As her husband complained inanely, the wife returned a pleasant grin.

The wife asked, "Okay, but what is this about?"

The girl replied, "Eunhyuk and I simply need to talk with the rest of the group about something."

The lady nodded and started moving along while her husband complained but followed.

When the old guy said, "You're insane bringing a monster in here," Jiwon made her way toward all the tenants.

Jiwon turned to look in that direction and saw Eunhyuk followed by Hyunsoo. Mr. Hyun approached Hyunsoo in an uncomfortable manner.

"You do not turn. Got it?"  The elderly guy yelled, brandishing a utility knife, "You f**king monster."

When Hyunsoo didn't respond, the elderly man added, "Reply when an adult is speaking to—."

Jiwon made a deadpan remark about the elderly man's rude behaviour before approaching him and snatching the knife from his grasp.

The girl said, speaking down to the old guy, "Stop behaving like a child and go."

"How can you treat an adult in such a way? Did your parents bring you up to be a caveman?" the man said.

Jiwon, who had become weary of the man's antics, gripped his shoulder harshly, causing him to collapse in agony. As Eunhyuk stood there, a grin attempting to appear on his face, Hyunsoo's eyes widened.

"I recommend you behave," Jiwon warned.

The man grumbled and pulled his shoulder away from the girl before stomping off in the direction of the other tenants.

Jiwon watched indignantly as her brother, the elderly man, and Jisu argued back and forth over what to do with Hyunsoo. Eunhyuk patted Jiwon on the shoulder and moved over to set a box on the table just as she was ready to nod off from boredom. As he began to talk, Jiwon came up behind him and took a position next to him.

"Take a piece of paper, every one of you. Draw a circle if you agree that Hyunsoo should be kicked out, and an "X" if you disagree."  Eunhyuk announced.

The obnoxious old man obviously had something to say since it seemed like he usually did.

"What is the point of voting?" He's going to be kicked out!" he yelled.

He then said, lifting his hand and surveying the crowd, "put your hands up if you think he should be kicked out."

Once more, he yelled at his wife and Eun, who had made the decision to join the group. Jiwon moved forwards irritably, but Eunhyuk instantly grasped her forearm and stopped her.

"We'll conduct a vote to defend privacy. Because kicking him out is the same as murder."  When Eunhyuk spoke, the old guy continued to make aggressive remarks.

Jiwon was acutely aware of his picking on his wife, and if he continued, she would swing at him. Thankfully, he was stopped, and Yikyung soon arrived.

As calmly as possible, the voting began once the guy had controlled his rage.

Eunhyuk announced the written information and then wrote "In favour: 8, Opposed: 7" on the blackboard.

The boy added, "Hyunsoo will be kicked out if the final two votes are cast in favour."

Jiwon exhaled in shock as the old guy resumed his mini tantrum, asking herself how an adult could act in such a way.

The elderly guy moved in their direction while shouting, "All b*starts and b*itches on his side should be thrown out!"

"Hey! — "Jiwon clenched her hands and roared."

"Don't get too fired up just yet. One more vote is left."  Tensely aware of her mounting rage, Eunhyuk stated turning away from the old man to face Jiwon.

The last ballot, which Eunhyuk pulled out, had an "O" and an "X" on it.

Eunhyuk said in a monotonous voice, "Invalid vote."

"What the heck is this?" As he turned to face his brother-in-law, the old guy scowled. "Hey! Bring that scumbag in so that we can kick him out! Vote my a**."

"Are you against the vote?" While Jiwon slipped by him, Eunhyuk began speaking.

Jiwon approached the man once more, this time thinking about punching him but instead grabbing his shoulder. She exerted more force, causing the man to collapse and yell in pain.

"I believed I advised you to behave," Jiwon said with a tone of rage in her voice and pointed eyes.

She had earlier removed her thicker shirt in favour of a tank top, revealing her arms and shoulder muscles in all their glory. She was not the kind to physically intimidate others, but she was sick of these people's arrogance so threatening them a bit wouldn't hurt.

She then noticed crimson droplets close to her feet, so she released the man and backed away, allowing him to get up and cover his nose. He walked around like a lost dog, bleeding profusely from his nose.

Jiwon was pulled behind Eunhyuk as he stepped away from the blundering old man.

"I'm just exhausted!" The old guy repeated himself till Hyunsoo appeared in front of him.

"You'd better brace yourself. If you don't want to be devoured by a monster," Hyunsoo replied, drawing a little grin from Jiwon.

Hyunsoo stooped to look at the ballot box that was lying on the ground. He picked up an "O" vote and held it in front of the box's aperture.

"May I vote? If I put this in, do we both get tossed out" Hyunsoo stated.

Once more facing the elderly man, Hyunsoo's eyes were now totally dark. Hyunsoo had turned. Jiwon gasped at the sight since she hadn't recently seen Hyunsoo or herself in this condition. It appears that the universe always serves as a stinging reminder to her of what she is. The other tenants then gently departed as the old man collapsed.

[author's note]

There is so much swearing in this book just because of the old man jeez. Also, can you tell I hate him? Anyway hope you're all having a good day!

- anise :)