10

Jiwon swung the shield that Dusik had crafted for her around and said, "This looks so cool. It's also not heavy."

Jaeheon hurriedly reached for her shield and murmured, "Woah, okay, calm down."

Jisu also gushed over her baseball, which now had a few extra additions.

She stated, "This seems fairly strong."

"Let's hope it is. If I had additional resources, it would have been better." Dusik remarked.

"Anyway, I'm grateful. These will be useful." Speaking for the group was Jaeheon.

The microphone system in the building had transmitted a message in the early morning. It was Eunhyuk, who advised everyone who had survived to go to the first floor since it was secure. The group had made the decision to head for the first level at that moment. Dusik, the woman—whose name was Myeongsook—and the kids would stay in the room until they could be certain the first floor was secure.

The three started to withdraw as they moved toward the door. They turned around and faced the others.

"Such a bummer to see you all depart. Dusik smiled, "Thanks for keeping me company."

Jisu said, "Same to you," sporting a slight smile.

Jaeheon put his palm over his chest and prayed for the group, "May God bless you."

Jiwon chuckled quietly as Dusik stated, "I'm Buddhist," in a deadpan manner.

"We'll come back," Jiwon assured everyone.

Dusik remarked, "Don't make promises you can't keep."

Hyunsoo persisted in his position on the floor, still not looking at anyone and appearing to be thinking. Jisu started speaking as Jaeheon and Jiwon turned to go.

"There's a saying that: even in the darkest night would disappear in a dim light. It may be a small possibility, but it's still hope."

Jiwon arched one eyebrow in the direction of the woman but noticed Hyunsoo's eyes widen. It must have resonated with him. Suddenly, Hyunsoo stood up holding his improvised spear.

Hyunsoo said, "I'll come with you. Four is better than three, right?"

"Of course," Jaeheon nodded.

The children approached Hyunsoo and Jiwon, who were standing next to each other, as the final plan was being put in place.

'Please be careful' Yeoungsu voiced.

"We appreciate you both saving us!" looking at the guy and girl, Suyeong continued.

The boy and girl grinned at the small children. Jiwon ruffled the children's hair before waving them bye and walking towards the door, causing the others to wave and follow.

"Bye! See you soon!" Jiwon exclaimed before opening the door and stepping outside adjusting her grip on her shield and jingum.

The four arrived at the stairwell and started to down the steps. Jiwon remained in the lead, followed by Hyunsoo, Jisu, and Jaeheon.

They eventually came to a door with a pool of blood underneath.

Jiwon muttered softly but loudly enough for the group to hear, "Uh, we're skipping this one."

They carried on in silence till they came upon a man who was laying on the ground. Jiwon cautiously approached the man before deciding that he was simply dead and not a monster. A chocolate bar was laying next to him, so she swiftly grabbed it and tucked it away in her pocket, receiving a questioning look from Jaeheon. Hyunsoo was pushed to the rear of the group as Jisu and Jaeheon also moved closer to examine the deceased man.