Anywhere with you

She was beautiful.

The dim lights in the gym that were strung up for prom lit up her complexion in the most angelic way. Her short brown hair flowed around her like a halo and her laugh he could pick out among a million others. Her off-the-shoulder gown suited her figure and Obito had to admit that she was even more ethereal than he thought possible. The way it hugged her and made her seem taller and more mature.. She picked right, he could assure her.

Clearing his throat and adjusting his tie, he kept his dark eyes focused on her. He needed to talk to her while he had a clear mind. This was his last chance to tell her how he felt and he would be damned if he let it slip by him. With that thought in mind, he tucked his hands into his pockets as he began his stride over there, coolly if he said so himself. Just as he reaches her though, her eyes looking up to meet his own - and he was trapped by the warmth in those amber eyes - a taller figure stood in his way and she isn’t looking his way anymore.

Scowling up at silver hair, he huffs and comes to stand to the side of him.

“May I have this dance?” He heard that bastard say and he couldn’t help the small sag in his shoulders when she took the other males hand. He knew that this might happen but it didn’t stop the hurt and disappointment from swelling up in his chest as he looked away from the two who were dancing. Shoving his hands deeper into his pockets, he sulks off into a chair and grabs a drink on his way over there.

Frowning to himself and glaring at anyone who approached him, he drank quietly.

He knew that stupid bastard, Kakashi , might have liked her, too, but he also thought that the other man knew of Obito’s intentions to make a move tonight. It baffled him and angered him all at the same time. Kakashi was supposed to be his best friend but he wasn’t sure that best friends went underneath one anothers noses like that.

He could only watch them dance together in distaste.

The way she hung onto him, the way she talked to him, and then the way that Kakashi still seemed disinterested. Scowling, Obito had enough. Standing up from his chair he started heading out the entrance of the gym, lightly bumping into a few peoples shoulders. He could care less at this moment. It was out of character for him, he was sure, but he didn’t care .

Breaking out into the cool night air, he stalked over to the neighboring playground. He sat on the little bit of sidewalk next to the fence that protected the property and he watched as young, careless, couples came in and out from prom.

Prom.

It was supposed to be the happiest of nights in high school and honestly what a joke it was. The only thing he had been looking forward to tonight was Rin and that went well enough. Not.

Closing his eyes, he leaned his head back against the fence and took in a deep shuddering breath. Maybe it wasn’t that big of a deal that she didn’t know how he felt. He would be fine, it isn’t like he was planning on staying in Konoha anyway. The world was calling his name and the longer he sat there, the more it sounded like someone else was literally calling his name.

“Obito, you shouldn’t be falling asleep in public like this.”

Opening one eye, he stared up at the girl standing above him. The way the moonlight caught in her earrings and her eyes momentarily took his breath away but with the reminder of how cozy she had been with Kakashi, he regained it.

“I wasn’t asleep,” he grunts and sits up straighter. “Where’d Kakahoe go? I thought you guys were together last I saw.”

“He went home,” Rin says as she sits next to him on the sidewalk. “He danced with me and then left,” she laughs softly. “He only danced with me to please his adoptive parents. His mother said he couldn’t come home until he had danced at least once.”