15 Be There

Kakyoin sighed. He knew what Jotaro did behind closed doors, when he knew his daughter was away.

It has been a little over a week, and Jotaro seemed to have actually slowed down his private sessions. It wasn't like Jotaro was doing it every moment of the day. He did it once and relaxed, and kept his space from Kakyoin.

Maybe Jotaro felt guilty.

But even as he hasn't done anything in the last three days, he still kept his distance. Sometimes he would come to watch a movie with him, and Kakyoin wouldn't hesitate to wrap an arm around Jotaro. Jotaro would relax, but he wouldn't wrap his arms around him back.

Kakyoin found Jotaro walking out of his room, down the stairs. He was currently in the living room, so he called him when he reached the bottom. "Jojo!"

"Hm?"

"Where are you going?" Kakyoin asked.

"To the beach." Jotaro was wearing appropriate attire for the beach. "Before Bucciarati gets here."

Since Jotaro hasn't left the house in over a week, this surprised Kakyoin. "Mind if I come along?"

He pulled his hat down and said, "Sure."

The two of them left the house and went to the beach. Kakyoin could see a different air about Jotaro. It actually was a bit relieving.

Kakyoin sat in the dry sand as his friend walked forward into the wet sand.

Jotaro looked out into the sea as the waves ran over his feet ever so often. He closed his eyes and inhaled the salty air.

Relief.

It was like the emptiness was waning.

Jotaro's lips began to quiver as his breaths thickened.

Kakyoin tensed up at the sight of his friend getting emotional. "Jo-." He stopped himself, because of the look on his face.

Jotaro was smiling. Even if the smile was accompanied with tears, he seemed relieved.

Kakyoin got up from the ground and came to his side. He didn't say a word. He placed his hand on his back and rubbed.

The moment lasted for a few minutes.

Jotaro looked down at Kakyoin and said, "Thank you. I know I have been difficult, but you always stayed by my side."

"Of course," he replied.

"... Thank you."

Kakyoin couldn't think of anything else to do but smile.

"It's been so long... Since I felt like this. I couldn't feel..." He tried his best to find the right words. "I didn't have the same joy that I felt when looking at the water. But now, it's coming back." He wiped the tears from his eyes. He exhaled and said, "Let's go back inside."

The two of them went inside. They went into the kitchen. Kakyoin sat down at the counter while Jotaro went to the fridge.

Jotaro muttered, "I'm hungry." His appetite was surprisingly higher. But Jolyne told him that it is now normal.

"Me too," Kakyoin said. "Want to order something?"

He nodded. He went to the phone and brought it to him.

"What do you want to eat?" Kakyoin asked.

Jotaro thought for a moment before answering, "Italian."

His friend nodded and began a call.

While waiting, Jotaro and Kakyoin took their own showers. Then Jolyne, Giorno and Bucciarati arrived right after their food arrived.

Jotaro took his food and Bucciarati to his room. He was surprisingly insistent on eating. It was rare to put so much importance in food, but he was recognizing he was putting a bit more thought on himself.