2 Old Friend

It has been a while since Kakyoin has been in the headquarters in Florida. He only went because recuperating from his ongoing injuries was a must occasionally, and he kept in contact with Jotaro and visited his dear niece Jolyne often. He kept his research on stands and arrows to other places that wasn't covered. That meant he went places Polnareff and Jotaro didn't.

Everything with the stands and arrows cooled down after they defeated Pucci back in 2003. After Polnareff was horribly injured, they got Giorno's input, a few people from Morioh's help and other people they met along the way.

So technically, the world was safe from any harm from resetting the universe and whatnot.

So when Kakyoin got a call from Polnareff about Jotaro needing help, it puzzled him. He listened as Polnareff was trying to figure out what was wrong with Jotaro.

Failed marriage? That was almost 10 years ago. Water under the bridge.

A new enemy? After defeating Pucci, everything has been fine.

Overworking? That could be it.

Kakyoin went into the building, hoping to find Jotaro quickly. Maybe he could drag him home and force him to take a rest.

He was greeted at the entrance of the building. They knew who he was one of the leaders of Speedwagon Foundation.  And he was on the way to Jotaro's office. He had known where it was and where it has always been. He knew Jotaro didn't like change much.

As he walked down the hallway, he saw a few Speedwagon Foundation employees. They were whispering amongst themselves after glancing at Kakyoin.

He nodded a hello, and they did so back.

They seemed excited. One of them was a woman who asked, "You're Mr. Kakyoin, right? The one who help defeat Dio and Pucci?"

He nodded, "Yes, I am."

"Wow," she said, "You are amazing. I've heard stories. You inspire me because how you help defeat Pucci while... You know." She gestured to his cane. "It was so brave."

Kakyoin smiled, "Thank you. I was just doing what I had to." The smile was a bit forced as he was beginning to feel awkward. "Have you seen Jotaro?"

She said, "He's probably in Lab C."

Kakyoin checked his watch. It was around noon. He hoped that Jotaro at least had lunch, or even preparing to have lunch. He said, "Where is that located?"

She answered, "It's down the hall on the left."

"Thank you," he said. And he was on his way. When he arrived to his destination, he found the door was closed. He knocked on it.

A few seconds later, the door opened and there peeked out was a familiar bluish green eye. Under the eye was dark as if he was sleep deprived. The eye widened when he made eye contact with Kakyoin.

The door opened wider to reveal Jotaro.

Jotaro said, "Noriaki! What are you doing here?"

Kakyoin said, "Hello to you too." He pushed his way inside and said, "Can I rest? I've travel quite of ways."

"Sure," he said backing up. He held the door open for Kakyoin. He went and pulled out a chair for him.

"Thanks," Kakyoin said before sitting down.

Jotaro said, "It's been about a year. You didn't tell me you were coming here."

"Yeah," he replied. "Sorry about that. It has been quite a while since I've seen you, but I am here to see how you were doing." He gave Jotaro a supportive smile.