Chapter 5 | Little Bean

"I just peed my fucking pants

"I just peed my fucking pants."

I flinch and lower my drink from my mouth. Not what I want to hear when I'm drinking alcohol that's the literal colour of piss.

"Dan!"

"I'm sorry," she wheezes and topples onto her back. She reaches down and cups between her legs. "I can't stop it. It keeps coming out."

"Dani, don't you dare get pee on Sierra's carpet. She just got this!"

"Oh shit," Sierra gasps and goes down too. She brings her knees up to her chest while another laugh bursts out of her. "Make it stop. I'm going to pee too."

"Ser!" I screech. "What the hell is wrong with you two?"

"Us? What the hell is wrong with you! How did you get tricked into making Sawyer your fake boyfriend?"

Sierra and Dani share a look before they promptly start cackling again. Both of them simultaneously cup and groan and wheeze and basically try to not use the newly-furnished floor as their personal litter box.

"I hate you guys."

"Tell it again," Dani begs breathlessly. "Please. I'll pay you."

"Hilarious."

"Start from the beginning," Sierra adds, clutching her stomach. "God, I love Sawyer."

"Are you guys seriously on his side?"

"He got you, honey. He got you so good."

Dani snorts and the sound only sets them off again. "He's been getting her since they met. This is two years of foreplay in the making."

Kill me. I swear that's what I want.

I kick back the last of my champagne and throw her a glare that she can't see because she's currently face-first into the floor.

"When are you going to stop trying to force something between us?"

"Force?" She sits up upright and brushes her wildly curly hair out of her face. Sierra follows suit. "Yeah, as if I commanded there be sexual tension between you guys that you just love to give in to on a daily basis."

"Not true!"

"So true," Sierra nods, all doe-eyed from excitement. "He flirts and you pretend to hate it. That's, like, sexual tension 101."

"We do not have sexual tension."

Sierra pouts. "Look at her, Dan. She hasn't been sexed up in so long she forgot what sexual tension is."

"Tragic," Dani grins wickedly. "Acting like Sawyer wouldn't give her the best sex of her life and make her see new galaxies."

"Holden makes me see galaxies," Sierra giggles.

"Iris invented new galaxies for me."

The two look at me expectantly and I grow warm when I realize that I, in fact, have nothing to add here. I scowl anyways.