A SON.

"Ladies and gentlemen," the master of ceremonies announced, his voice clear and confident. "I know it's been a long and busy week for everyone, and I know we're all looking forward to the weekend. But before we get there, we're here to honor the memory of the Noel family.

The memorial service was brief, but heartfelt. Guests offered words of comfort and remembrance, and the room was filled with a deep sense of loss. Though the ceremony was short, it felt as if it had taken an eternity.

"I'd like to begin by inviting the CEO of 2ASA, Mr. Jude Noel, to the stage." The mc took over again.

As the crowd applauded, Mr. Noel rose from his seat and made his way to the podium. He looked out at the audience and smiled.

"Thank you for joining us today," he began, his voice strong and clear.
He wore a tailored black suit that fit him perfectly, accentuating his broad shoulders and strong build. There was an air of authority about him, and his gaze was sharp and intense, like a hawk searching for its prey.

"It's great to see all of you again," he began. "I apologize for my tardiness - please blame it on all the numerous activities I have to take care of. More importantly, as from today, 2ASA will be changing its company name." A mischievous smile played on his lips.

The dignitaries murmured among themselves, unsure of what to make of this unexpected news. One man in the crowd raised his hand, indicating that he had something to say.

"Oh Director Steve, it seems you have something to say," Jude said.

Steve got up, a frown marring his face. "It's impossible to change the name of this company, especially just because you want it. You don't even own 2ASA, and it's a legacy name." His tone was heated, a clear sign of his frustration.

Jude let out a long breath, trying to contain his irritation. "Legacy of the dead?" he asked, his voice tinged with sarcasm.

Inwardly, he seethed. How dare Steve say such a thing? And in front of all these people, no less! He tried to keep his face impassive, but he could feel his fists clenching in anger.

Around him, he could hear murmurs of support and fear.

Jude could feel the tension in the room, the air thick with anticipation and fear. But he wasn't about to back down.

"Is there anyone else in this room who disagrees with me?" he asked, the challenge in his voice clear.

For a moment, there was silence. Then, a lone voice called out: "I do!"

A few more voices joined in, until the whole room was filled with a chorus of dissent. But it only made Jude more determined. He pressed on.

Mr. Jude's smile was cold and calculating. "Then let's put it to a vote, right now," he said.

There was a murmur of agreement. The room was tense with anticipation.

Jude turned to the man who had spoken out against him. "You first."

The man's face was pale, but he squared his shoulders and spoke. "I vote against you," he said.

"And I vote in favor," said another voice.

*************** AFTER THE MEETING**********

Jude turned to his assistant. "Drew, I want you to take care of the sponsors and partners who are against the name change," he said through gritted teeth. "Make sure they know who's in control here."

"Yes, sir!" Drew replied, his voice quavering with fear.

As Jude stormed out of the building, he couldn't help but feel a sense of satisfaction.