eighteen: this is it

THIRD PERSON POV

"Let the 75th Hunger Games begin." Claudius spoke.

"May the odds be ever in your favour."

Katia closed her eyes as she tuned out her surroundings to focus on turning off her emotions. This was the hunger games after all, there was no room for feelings was what she grew up believing.

Seven

Six

The boy from district 8 stared at the women beside him in pure fear. How unlucky could he get to be placed beside the most dangerous tribute.

Four

Three

He discarded his thoughts and focused on the water in front of him that he had to swim through. All he had to worry about was getting out of the water as quick as possible and he would be ok.

One

The sound of the canon firing rung through his ear as he wasted no time diving into the water.

He swum for a few metres when he already felt tired. His district after all specialised in textiles, so he had little to no experience with swimming.

He stopped for a moment to look behind him to see where the District 4 tribute he was so afraid of were, when his eyes landed on no one.

She probably swum over the other side to Peeta, he thought.

But suddenly his head was pushed down underwater by a hard grip.

The movement caught him off guard as he opened his mouth to scream, resulting in salt water entering his mouth.

He tried his hardest to escape whoever was attempting to drown him but the person had one of their foot pushing on his back as his hands were being grabbed harshly behind his back while his hair was being gripped on.

He started choking badly as the life started to leave his eyes.

His head was then turned around to meet his killer's eyes underwater when it landed on the one and only,

Katia Odair.

Katia Odair was the one drowning him. The person he had hoped he had escaped from. She was about to earn the first kill of the game.

Her smirk was the last thing Sean saw before his whole body gave up.

BOOM!

There it was.

Not even 2 minutes into the game and Katia Odair had earned the title once again of being the first to kill.

She let go of his body and made her way up to the surface to catch her breath. Although she was underwater for a long period of time, she was trained and used to it unlike the man she had just drowned.

Katia began swimming to the cornucopia as fast as she could, wanting to get her hands on a trident before they were all gone.

There were only two tridents that was placed in the game and even though she doubted anyone other than Finnick would take one, she couldn't risk it.