sixteen: late night thinking

I was right.

Nothing could stop Snow's messed up head.

The games were going to continue.

I was currently up on the rooftop of our living quarters, just chilling and looking out on the view of the Capitol.

It was beautiful.

Although we were very fortunate at district 4, everyone in the districts would give up everything to live in the Capitol. It was just better.

The people however, was not. They were sick and messed up. Brainwashed by Snow. It angered me everytime I thought about all these people who supports and enjoys watching kids rip each other apart meanwhile they got to watch safely here in the Capitol.

There was nothing I wanted more than to host a Capitol's Hunger Games. To let them get a taste of their own medicine. To get them to watch their loved ones die like we tributes have, have them fight and kill each other like we did, then having to live after all of it as a victor.

I just wanted them to suffer as much as they made us.

But a girl could only dream.

Because instead, I was the one being sent back into that nightmare. Having to once again fight for my life.

As I stood thinking about the games tomorrow, I couldn't help but think about Halo.

My district partner. My saviour.

We were never close at first, but him and Finnick had been close friends ever since they were little. In a span of a few hours inside the arena, we grew really close, which only made his death harder to bear.

FLASHBACK

It was the second day of the annual hunger games. I woke up to the sound of shoes hitting the leaves on the floor. Someone was running towards my hiding spot up in the trees.

I quickly grabbed the knife that I stuck to the tree and stood silently, waiting to kill the tribute who came across me.

"Katia! Katia Help!"

W- Huh? I recognised that voice.

It was my district partner, Halo.

He stopped a few feet away from the tree I was hiding in and looked around. I was about to hop down from the tree and reveal myself to him when I heard another voice coming towards us.

I turned to the direction of the voice to see the boy from ten walking towards Halo with a knife in hand.

This boy didn't look like a threat at all. He smirked at Halo, causing him to take a step back but he immediately froze once his back had come into contact with something. Another body. The girl from 8.

The two tributes cornered him into a fallen log. He was on the floor all helpless with nothing but a bow and some arrows. They were saying something to him but I was now too far away to hear a word.

I carefully put my bag on my back as I grabbed another knife from my pack so I had a knife in each hand. I watched as the boy from 10 used his knife to cut into Halo's cheek while the girl continued to taunt him.

Before they could do anything else, I threw the knife on my right hand, hitting the boy from ten on the back of his head, killing him instantly.

BOOM!

The girl from eight didn't have time to react before I aimed my other knife at her head and releasing. Also killing her instantly.