Chapter 33: Aftermath & Preparation

Start from the beginning

"I have to agree with you there, I mean, you did break that glass this morning" Izuku replied, moving closer to Mirio, as Ochako scowled in response to Izuku's accusation. 

"For the last time, it slipped out of my hand as I was drying it!" She whined, causing both of the boys to roll their eyes. 

"But yeah, I don't have anything on today, I'll go back home with you. Whether I study in my room or in here, it doesn't make much of a difference." Izuku replied, as they reached the door leading to the library. 

"Well, looks like I'll be here on my own... thanks guys, you're such good friends." Mirio whined, feigning sadness, as Izuku smiled as widely as he could, patting Mirio on the back enthusiastically.

"Don't worry buddy! I'm sure you'll be fine!" He said with an over-the-top, almost childish voice, causing Mirio to crack up a bit, as he walked into the library and waved goodbye to the first years.

Turning back around, they both started to walk down the stairs, which was significantly easier than getting up them. As Ochako looked around, she saw Todoroki, and caught his eye. 

Smiling at her, Todoroki grinned, before they both passed each other, and they could no longer see each other. 

"So, got any plans for the weekend? I was thinking, maybe the three of us could do something?" Ochako asked, trying to get that image out of her head. 

"Uh, maybe Sunday, that works, maybe we can go visit a museum or something." Izuku replied, recalling his upcoming date with Momo. 

"Why not Saturday? Surely it would be easier since we can stay out late if we want." Ochako retorted.

"Well, I'm a bit busy on Saturday, so Sunday is the only day that works." Izuku replied, unable to look Ochako in the eyes.

"Oh, fair enough. What's on Saturday though? Do you need to go shopping?" Ochako asked, trying to remember if Izuku had said anything about him being busy over the weekend. 

"No, nothing like that, it's just..." Izuku replied, conflicted over his current situation, as he felt his stomach turn and churn. 

"Do I tell her about Momo? She'll know it happened on the day of her birthday, that's gotta be shit to find out. I mean, it's not weird, right? We're just friends, I mean, I told Kaachan straight away, so... damn it why is this so difficult?! Okay. Okay, just, don't tell her. Wait, tell her- FUCK!" 

Izuku was rarely this indecisive, and he rarely ever left a sentence unfinished. Ochako could tell something was up and wanted to know, hoping it wasn't something to do with his mother.

Gently, she placed a hand on his shoulder, getting his attention, "You can tell me Izuku, don't worry." 

Looking at her with concern, Izuku made up his mind.

"I've got a date on Saturday... with Momo." He admitted, waiting for the aftermath. 

"O-oh...that's... huh. I wasn't expecting that..." Ochako blurted out, as her concerned expression was replaced with one of confusion, and her jealousy had spiked higher than ever before. It took everything she had to maintain a neutral expression, and not react wildly.

"Well, that's fine. I'm gl-g-gl-glad you two are together, she's a n-ni-nice person. And yeah, it makes sense you'd be busy. Do you know what time you're going out?" Ochako asked as she tried not to throw up from complimenting Momo. Rationally, she knew that Momo was a good person and would probably be great friends, with her, but right now? There was no one she hated more.

"No, she said she'd send me a message, so I'm waiting on that. Sorry if that ruined your plans, I couldn't really anticipate that she'd ask me out" Izuku said sheepishly, trying to read Ochako's face. On the surface, all seemed fine, but he couldn't help but wonder that Ochako had taken it the wrong way.