Harry did not expect when he walked into the great hall to see y/n talking to Ellington. He suddenly felt anxious and felt didn't like this one bit. He trusted
y/n very much but he did not trust Rory Ellington.

"Oh, jeez." Ron muttered when he saw y/n talking to Ellington and the look on Harry's face.

Harry immediately walked over to where y/n was with Ellington. Ron followed and took a seat with Hermione and Ginny.

"Hey." Harry greeted y/n and pecked her on the cheek quickly.

"Hi." Y/n greeted him too as he slipped an arm around her waist.

"Ellington." Harry addresses Rory's presence, blankly.

"Potter." Rory returned.

"What are you two talking about?" Harry asked trying to be discreet but in no way was.

"Oh, just chatting." Y/n said casually. She could sense this situation was going to go south will fast.

"Yeah, just chatting so why don't you hop off on one of your little quests, Potter, I'm talking to y/n here." Rory said to Harry before turning back to y/n with a smile on his face.

Harry chuckled lowly, his blood starting to boil. "I think we're  all talking to y/n here." He said and pulled y/n closer.

Uh oh, y/n thought. She didn't know where to look.

"Maybe you didn't hear me, Potter" Rory said and took a step towards Harry. People from the Gryffindor table as well as the other house tables started looking over now

"Go away." Rory added.

"Okay, Rory, be nice." Y/n said in a calm tone, trying to cool down the situation.

"Of course I'm being nice why wouldn't I be?" Rory said trying to seem Intimidating. He was already a bit taller then Harry but was trying to make it more obvious as well.

Harry gritted his teeth. "You're not intimating me, Ellington. How can I be intimidated by the guy who is pathetic enough to go for a girl who is already taken?" He snapped but his voice was still quiet.

"Harry..." y/n says lowly after noticing Rory flare with anger. He looked at y/n and she tried desperately not to meet his eye.

Harry noticed this, making him pull y/n in front of him and wrap both arms around her waist. He then placed a kiss on the back of her head as he and Rory made eye contact.

They both continued this weird stare off thing with Ron, Ginny and Hermione watching intently as well as some other people who saw what was going on.

Harry ended up 'winning' the stand off, making Rory scoff and roll his eyes and stalk out of the great hall.

Harry grinned brightly, kissed y/n on the cheek and sat down for dinner. Y/n slowly sat down as she tried to figure out what in Merlin's name just happened.

***

It was the next day after Harry's whole jealousy thing with Rory. Y/n had seen Rory afterwards but he didn't look at her and left the room quickly. Y/n was highly amused by this.

Classes has finished for the day and y/n sat in the common room alone as Hermione and was nowhere to be found and y/n assumed Ron was with Lavender but she wasn't sure and Harry told her he had to get a memory from Slughorn as the one he and Dumbledore looked at yesterday had been tampered with.

She sat reading her book, yawning occasionally as she grew more tired.

She dealt someone cover her eyes, blocking her with their hands.