Chapter Forty-One

Start from the beginning

Derek shrugged as he sipped at his wine. Thank you uncle peter. "It was either cut my arm off or I die. And I didn't particularly want to die."

"Could've fooled everyone." Stiles tells him. "Seriously, you always ran into danger head first."

"Sounds like someone we all know." Chris adds.

"Wouldn't a chopped off arm hurt more than dying?" Dean argued.

"I'll get desert." Stiles says then leaves the room.

"Not really, Dean." Peter continues the conversation. "It would be agony and slow for wolfsbane to reach his heart. I would've done the same thing."

"Desert is served." Stiles says chipperly as he brings in two pans of organic fruit bars and cakes.

"What is this?" Dean asked.

"Organic food."

"What's that mean exactly?"

"It means it's better and healthier for you."

"... Does It come in pie or cupcake form?"

"Nope." Stiles says gleefully. "You get a steak dinner then you must eat organic dessert. My dad was the same way. You must suffer the consequences."

"Oh that reminds me of the time Jackson threw out Stiles' CD." Lydia cackles round her mouthful of salad.

"Oh god." Stiles groans, burying his face in his hands.

Derek reaches over and rubs a soothing hand up his boyfriends back.

"One time Stiles and Jackson were having an argument in the car." Isaac starts telling everyone since he was in the backseat when it happened. "Jackson took Stiles' One Direction CD out of the player and threw it out the window in a rage. And I shit you not Stiles looked Jackson dead in the eyes and out of no where pulled out a second copy of the exact CD and put it back in the player."

Everyone laughed. That was a good day. Jackson and Stiles were just becoming friends again. Jackson called the band stupid and that just lead to so many more insults from one another until Jackson got mad that Stiles said he secretly loved them and threw out the CD.

After everyone mostly composed themselves Melissa spoke up. "How about that time Stiles fell down the stairs?" She says with a big smile.

"Yeah, I fell down the stairs because you know, I'm clumsy sometimes—"

"All the time." Jackson rudely inturpts.

"Whatever, point is, I fell and Derek caught me before I broke my neck or anything important."

"Unfortuantly." Jackson mumbles behind his wine glass.

Stiles smacks him for that.

"He caught me and I said "looks like I fell for you." I added a wink and everything."

"I dropped him right at the bottom of the stairs in a heap." Derek finishes.

"I was being charming, that was very, very rude Derek."

Said man rolls his eyes. "Yeah, charming."

Everyone watches the couple bicker back and forth for a good ten minutes until Dean spoke up.

"It's getting late we should get going." He tells his nephew. "Thanks for dinner."

"Yeah it was great, really." Sam adds with a grateful smile.

"It was no problem. I'll see you guys later. Oh and Jack, I expect to see you around more."

The boy nodded in understanding.

"Do you have a bag I could borrow? For the left overs." Asks Sam.

"The only bags I have are the ones under my eyes, and they're specifically designed to carry the burden of my existence."

"Literally all you had to say was no." Jackson says as he rolled his eyes at his dramatic best friend.

"Someone should probably cut him off from the wine." Peter says as he gives his nephew a pointed look.

Great his uncle wants him to lose a finger.

Stiles gulps down his last glass before Derek or anyone else can get their grubby little paws on it. ha- paws. He giggles to himself.

"I'll get you a bag since our drama queen here is clearly not going to." Erica tells the man and goes into the kitchen.

"I should be getting home also. I have an early shift in the morning."

"Can I talk to you before you go?"

"Of course, Stiles." She nods towards the living room.

"Now, what do you want to talk about?" Melissa asks as she sits on the big, comfortable sofa.

Stiles take a steading breath as he sits next to her then just says what he's thinking. "You know it's been a few years since dad passed." He starts.

Melissa nods with a small smiles "I do."

He nods and wipes his sweaty palms on his jeans, "and you know that I'm okay with you moving on; being happy with someone else."

"Oh sweetie." She hugs her boy tightly. "I know I can, but I'm happy and content with how my life is right now. Besides, it gets way to complicated with the life we live."

"Good, that's good." He mumbles into her shoulder. He pulls back and smirks while wagging his eyebrows, "you know I believe Sam is single."

Melissa laughed brightly "no he's dating some lady named Rowena. I believe she's a very powerful witch."

Stiles gasped - mocked being hurt. "And you're just now telling me this?"

"I thought you knew." She defends. "But, I really should be going. I love you, Sti. No matter if you and Scott are on the same side, enemies, friends or not, you are my son just as much as he is. Your blessing means a lot to me."

Stiles smiled brightly, if not just a little watery. "I love you, Mel. Oh Sammy!" He sing songs "do tell who Rowena is." He asks as he walks his second mother to the front door.

Sam freezes, hand hovering over the door knob, "uh—"

Melissa slaps the back of her sons head playfully, "leave that poor man alone."

TO BE CONTINUED...

Vote and comment lovelies 💚💙