Chapter 7: Skirmish

Start from the beginning

"Selling what? That rock? It has no value in our kingdom. A plain rock," The commander bluntly said in a cold tone.

The soldier put down the rock in fear and looked at the commander.

"I apologize, sir."

"Good. Because you are getting picked to go with the others in the right corner right there." He nodded his head to the side where the raid group was gathering up.

"It will be an honor, sir."

"The honor is mine, now go with them."

He nodded his hand and saluted as he walked to the raid group of no more than 100 men.

"Alright you gusanos inútiles (useless worms), listen up. There's a Qua Toyian town near here named Dawncliff. It is manned by a small force of Qua Toyian troops and lots of civilians. Once we kill all the guards, we write assessments of their weapons and how they fight, then we pillage the town, kill the men, and take all their women to be our slaves. Sound good?"

All the soldiers nodded, in excitement of their potential raid ahead.

"Good. Get moving. Hail Louria!"

The officer pulled out his sword and pointed it to the air, the soldiers recognizing it as an order to pack their bags.

"You will be enjoying it when we get there in the next few days. Heh." He then laughed loudly at what seemed to be just another adventure in being a Lourian officer, one that had to bribe his way up the hierarchy, that is.

--------

Nội, Socialist Republic of Vietnam
Tác Chiến Không Gian Mạng (Cyberspace Force)

"Dạ báo cáo!" A enlisted Sergeant yelled out to his superior, a Captain.

"Nói." The Captain gave him permission to report.

"There's enemy movement in the satellite footage and the drones we sent out near the Qua Toyian-Lourian border. Estimation of around 90-100 men."

Live images from a Bayraktar TB-2 and Heron drones captured movement of some men in what appeared to be old Spanish uniforms, with officers riding horses. The organized march on the road gave away where their potential targets were.

"And so it seems. Where are they headed for and what's their purpose?" The Captain asked the Sergeant.

"They appear to be headed for a nearby Qua-Toyian town on the border named Dawncliff. Currently there are only 30 guards stationed in the town, according to the reports. As for the purpose, from my view, I can only assume they are conducting some sort of border raid as a test of strength. Currently, further information is not to be found."

"A border raid huh?" The Captain crossed his arms. "And the guards on the border are armed with only swords as of this moment...who's the closest unit armed with more modern weaponry?"

"About an hour away from there. A 2000 strong unit that is."

"Alright, keep monitoring the situation while the General Staff gets informed of this."

"Rõ."

Picking up his smartphone, he called his superior.

"-So what I'm getting is a 100 man formation of Lourian troops headed for a Qua-Toyian border town, is that correct." The superior, a higher ranking two-stared Colonel, asked him.

"Yes, đồng chí Trung Tá. It is imperative that the Qua Toyians near the area deploy their forces. This way they would be able to repel the border raid, though we believe that the reasoning behind this is for reconnaissance, so be sure they keep that in mind."