Chapter 26

You bumped into something, since the box was huge, your vision was limited up front that you failed to watch where you're going. You heard a familiar voice, but before you could decipher whose it was, you lost your balance and focused on catching your footing, which evidently made you drop whatever you were previously holding the moment before.

The box's lid wasn't secured, when the box fell, it tumbled and a few screws were thrown out from the impact by trajectory, which includes the lid opening, and revealing a portion of what was inside. Purple and blue mixed together, it was like a hue that could be caught at first sight.

You were at least able to regain balance once more, hoping to get the box secured immediately once again, but landing your eyes on what hindrance made you tumble, just made you froze in fright. Like a deer caught in headlights, you couldn't move at all.

It was him.

The 8-foot tall animatronic loomed over you, yet his electric blue eyes was fixated on the objects that fell from the box. Facial expression was difficult to be seen from his metallic casing, but just by his eyes, you knew that he thought of the exact same thing you feared.

"You... why do you have this...?"

You were frozen silent at his words, unable to express any sound, nor words to leave your lips. It was as if the burden of speaking was placed upon your shoulders, as you need to keep in mind what the consequences will be by the time you open your mouth.

"I-I..." you couldn't utter anything else after that, as if your throat was tied closed, and not even air could pass through in the tension. Your knees buckled a few times, it was weakening with fright that you couldn't decipher. Was it because of the bear's expression as per his eyes? Was it the fact that he was almost twice your size that you're intimidated? Was it because you were hesitant on what else to say? You don't know, you never really anticipated this moment that you found no time to think about it. "I could explain—"