Ino yanked back her hand, picked up her kunai and left without so much as looking back. She walked back to Ground 3 assigned for her team.
'Fucking prodigies and their dick problems be troubling everyone', Ino screamed inside her mind. First forehead now the Hyuga, I'll be damned if I don't show them that I'm strong, both this bitches got to learn some manners and come down from cloud nine. She winced at the pain again, ' Damn, I have to heal this shit first. '

' Ino!'
She turned and saw a prominent pineapple shaped bun and a chubby boy with swirls on his cheeks.

' Shikamaru and Chouji ', Ino mused.

Ino walked towards as did they and she barked, ' What's with the both of you, arriving so late for practice, I went to Ground 6 and you know how that Hyuga shit insulted our team. ' She raised a finger and yelled, ' We're all going to become chunnin and listen well, we'll show everyone what Team 10 is capable off. Understood!? '

Shikamaru and Chouji winced at her yelling and  looked at each other and back at her, she was still galring at them. Shikarmaru sighed and drawled out, ' Ino, you know damn well that there will be more stronger, smarter ninja's and we'll be competing against then, do you reall want to do this? '

Ino looked down and sighed her voice almost breaking,' I know that Shikamaru, but I'm not going to sit back and watch people insult our teamwork or our sensei in that regard', she looked up again, ' So, the least we can do is try to win. '

Shikamaru sighed again, ' So troublesome, but for that matter I'll comply.'
Chouji shuffled next to them and as they looked at him, he smiled and spoke up, ' Well, I guess we gotta eat more. '

Ino smiled, ' Yes, let's go to have some BBQ first ',  she pinched both of Chouji's cheeks.

' What's with the wound? ', Shikamaru asked as he looked at Ino.

Ino looked down, ' It's nothing, just a minor wound from the dummy, it'll heal soon, I'm just worried about the scar, are you guys done practicing though? '

Both boys nodded.

' Where's Asuna sensei though? ', Ino asked.
' He's gone for a special mission, he'll be back in a few days before the exams, don't worry, he said to visit Kurenai sensei once', Chouji spoke out as he took out a bar of chocolate.

' Okay, let's meet up at my shop and then we can go search Kurenai sensei later', Ino said as she gathered her things.

The trio started walking towards the Flower shop, taking in the lazy afternoon silence in the streets. Shikamaru yawned as they walked towards the shop, they decided to wait for Ino there.

Ino opened the door and noticed her Uncle Santa Yamanaka tending some flowers and a some journals on the counter- top. He turned around and smiled, ' Good Afternoon Ino, your dad asked me to give that to you, I think it'll surprise you. '

Ino quirked an eye brow as she examined each of the journals and searched for a name, ' Nara Yamanaka ' she flipped the pages and found a portrait of her dad and mum. Her fingers tentatively gripped the pages as she chewed on her bottom lip, teary eyed warning to spill put her whole body shaking at the mere thought of her dad's absence on relaying such an important  object.

' Ino, are you okay ', Chouji asked worried with both his hands on her shoulder trying to still her shaking body.

Ino stopped shaking and loosened her grip, hse turned around and looked a her uncle, ignoring the questioning stare of her teammates.

' Uncle, where's dad? ', Ino asked as she looked around.

Santa looked at her amusedly somewhat worried and still assuring her, ' He went for a mission, don't worry, he'll be back by evening ', he didn't have time to inform you so I came her to relay the message.

Ino relaxed somewhat but not entirely when the whole reason of her worry was out somewhere. She decided to trust her Uncle on his words.

' You know Ino, sometimes what we think or see doesn't always come true and sometimes what we don't isn't always a thought or a mirage, the fact that there's a mere possibility is what drives and makes us stronger, its the boon and bane of fear ' , Santa spoke up as he handed her a letter.

' He knows ', Ino mused as she took the letter.
She opened the letter and carefully opened it, it read, ' Princess, I've got to go to the borders for aan emergency interrogation, so I've not been able to notify but dont worry, I'll be back by evening and in the meantime I found you some of your mom's journals to read. Be sure to read it, I'll train you with some new jutsus also, make sure Santa shapes the damn Bonsai plant, bye, love you. '

Ino folded the piece of paper and put it in her pocket, she looked back at the boys, 'Come, let's go meet Kurenai sensei first. '

Chouji cried, ' What about food? '
' Troublesome woman', Shikamaru drawled.

Ino picked the journals and stuff it in a carry bag as she ignored the cries of the chubby boy and dragged him out the store as the other followed behind them as she yelled, ' Bye, Uncle Santa.'

Santa looked amusingly at the trio and went about to trying to desperately shape a certain stubborn Bonsai for a client.

' ... '

                                              ~