Chapter 58: Fire Princess

Start from the beginning

The whole "more people from other universes" thing through Spidey off for a second but he snapped back shortly to explain that they were under attack by Surtur's forces. "I'm sorry back up a second, I'm going to-" Stark began but he was cut off by a massive explosion that sent them all flying in different directions. They all then heard a high-pitched screech and then a second one and as they broke free from the rubble they saw two fire demons, with more incoming. The heroes got out as quickly as they could, with Wasp slipping in and helping other heroes escape as this was all hands on deck. Your Thor, Wolverine, and Loki managed to defeat the first handful of demons but there were more approaching, with Tony sending out an alert to all the heroes he knew before yelling, "Avengers Assemble!".

They worked together, splitting up into pairs or into groups of three to fight the oncoming horde. Thor fought alongside the Vision, while Loki was surprisingly teamed up with your father, ordering Dr.Strange to return to the Sanctum to contact their universe and let them know what was happening. As for the others, the Wasp was teamed up with the Black Widow and Spiderman, Iron man was with Hawkeye and Antman, and Captain America fought with the Black Panther. Hulk like usual handled things by himself, but of course, he really didn't need someone to watch his back as he was strong enough to take the demons on alone.

Of course, the strangest thing to see, at least it would have been if anyone had been able to stop and watch, was how well Wolverine and Loki worked together. Somehow their fighting styles ended up complimenting one another and despite pretty much hating each other they worked well together. Although, with the world and your life on the line, as they believed you were still under the other Loki's control, they would do just about anything, setting their pride and personal feelings aside to save the day. They were bonding to some degree, it was almost as scary as all the fire demons running around, with both men realizing it, but in the end, electing to ignore it. 

They weren't sure how long it took to defeat all the demons in the area, not that they cared to check, taking the moment to breathe, clear their heads, and process what the hell was going on. Of course, the second they took a break they realized that they were not done yet, not by a long shot. They looked up and out at the city seeing fires breaking out in the distance, not only that but now that the fighting had stopped where they were they could finally hear all the screaming. Cap and Tony ordered them to huddle up, they'd have to come up with a plan and fast, they'd have to split up as New York was one of the biggest cities in the country.  

However the second they were ready to go, something came flying at them, crashing into the ground not too far away. They rushed over to find that it was in fact the other Thor's hammer Mjölnir but the other Thunderer was nowhere to be seen or heard. That quickly changed however as the other Thor's body came crashing down nearby, all burnt and broken, it was terrifying to see, as the God of Thunder was one of the most powerful around. Whatever moment of peace they thought they had was gone in an instant, with the whole area soon surrounded by more enemies, but this time, they were not demons. 

The entire area had been engulfed by little butterflies made of flames, burning anything they touched, causing many fires to start in an instant. The tiny creatures went on the attack, they were fast, but luckily, the heroes seemed faster, dodging and destroying the flaming insects right away. However, the fight was long from being over as another demon flew in overhead, releasing several large flaming butterflies. They were much more difficult but the Avengers were still able to get through them relatively quick, the new demon was another problem altogether.   

"No... no, no, no, Gracie... what happened?" Loki whispered, recognizing you immediately, despite the changes, not that there were that many. But seeing as he knew you so well too was obvious to him with it soon clicking for the others, horrified by what you had become. "Oh my- it is Gracie, how did I miss that?" Spiderman yelled, not knowing how to feel at the moment, definitely conflicted about having to fight someone he considered his friend. Most of them called out to you but you didn't respond, while Loki stood there in shock, unable to do anything, knowing that he probably wouldn't be able to fight you.