10 years

having 4 teenagers in the house is chaos.

now having 4 teen daughers whos periods are linked with mine, added to that sports & they're all growing so their eating a lot, makes things worse

olivia is 16 & the triplets are 14.

yeah, theres never a dull moment in the power household.

the triplets play hockey for the little caesars aaa hockey team. olivia lives in texas during the season with aunt pey & uncle korb, because she plays with the dallas stars elite 16U team. plus all 4 want to tryout for the USNTDP in the coming years.

olivia is like me & plays goalie. rowdy is a defenseman. love is a center. and parker is a left wing.

im the girls goalie coach at the USNTDP.

i was in our bedroom getting things cleaned up a little. its off season, and owens 3rd year playing for the detroit red wings, and olivia is home for the summer

"maybe we shouldn't of had girls." owen said walking in

"what? why?" i questioned

"its chaos in this house once a month." he sat down

"have you seen the attitude your daughters give?" he said back

"trust me i do, you should see how bad it is when you're on the road." i nodded.

we built a house in michigan, close to where owen & i grew up.

a large house with a bedroom for every girl, a bathroom connecting lovelyns room to olivias, and a bathroom connecting parkers to rowdy-kates. plus their own living space, a space they needed.

our house is white with colorful accents everywhere, lots of pink

theres usually hockey equipment everywhere.

but weve learned to love the choas of raising these girls. we know soon they'll be in college or at billet houses so we soak up the memories now. as owen says, the chaos is okay.

i walked out of our room, to see the girls in the living room.

i laid on the couch next to olivia hugging her, "oh hi my darling olivia."

"mom." she pushed me away

"olivia you go back to texas soon, were gonna miss you." i hugged her.

"i miss my friends." she said

"at least you have friends at your age, because at your age i had the twins and owen." i said.

owen sat on the couch next to me, "lets have a family chat." owen said

"oh brother." i complainted.

"we have company coming in." owen said

"we do?" i asked, shocked

"we do." owen smiled

"who?" lovelyn asked

"its the man your mom wishes she married."

"oh my gosh, tyler seguin's coming?" i asked

"why are yall like this?" parker asked

"yeah in your dreams jo,-"

"why do you call mom jo?" olivia interrupted. "thats my middle name."

"can i speak?" owen started overreacting.

"im sitting here trying to have a family conversation before our guest arrives and i just get talked over. this happens everyday to me, sometimes i cry myself to sleep because i just want to talk without getting interrupted." he fake cried.