xviii. Cruel in Delivery

YOUNG BLOOD
xviii. cruel in delivery

ONE THING HAD BECOME incredibly clear in the last few years since the knowledge of the supernatural world came to light

ONE THING HAD BECOME incredibly clear in the last few years since the knowledge of the supernatural world came to light. An irrefutable fact that reared its head time and time again. That terrible acts would cluster together, transpiring one after the other in harsh blows. And unfortunately when it rained, it poured.

In the two days that Erin had been held captive, the city experienced its fair share of problems. Klaus tracked down Davina, who had disappeared weeks earlier with the White Oak stake and a recently resurrected Mikael. Another member of the Original family who didn't know how to stay dead. His father managed to slip away, dragging a defenseless Cami in tow. And with help from Hayley, Marcel, and Davina, Klaus succeeded in saving her life and surviving a harrowing encounter with the very stake that could end his own.

Tragedies soon followed, ending the lives of Oliver and the revived biological father of Klaus. Each in different ways, but both as horrible as the other.

However, there were a few wins amidst the losses. Hayley's intended plan to take down Finn Mikaelson ended in victory. The vampire turned witch met his match in a group personally victimized by his hardened regime. And Marcel, he didn't take it too kindly that Kol Mikaelson surfaced, having taken a special interest in his virtually adopted daughter, Davina.

So, both wayward brothers found themselves chained within the Compound's ballroom for the entirety of the night. Erin found it hard not to smile every time she thought about it.

Evidently, New Orleans wasn't the only place where luck had turned. And by luck, Erin meant spontaneous resurrections.

Although, she couldn't have been happier about who happened to crawl their way back to the land of the living.

"You're like a freakin' cockroach. I'm beginning to think you're never gonna actually stay dead," Erin quipped into the phone pressed against her ear.

"I make being a cockroach sexy, though," Damon Salvatore retorted in the same teasing manner.

Damon's miraculous reappearance came as a shock to everyone who mourned his accidental death. They didn't expect it in the slightest. Months had been devoted to bringing him and Bonnie back, and the end result left them devastated. All of their leads went cold, their ideas were dashed, and every little crumb of information fell apart.

And just when they had practically given up, Damon materialized in his family crypt as if he never left.

Erin scoffed, but the smile on her lips betrayed her reaction to his comment. "You wish," she replied, standing before her open window as she stared down at the crowded street below. "I really am glad that you're back."