iv. Flesh and Blood

YOUNG BLOOD
iv. flesh and blood

THE MOVEMENT OF being jostled side-to-side had been the first thing to greet Erin when her awareness slowly returned

THE MOVEMENT OF being jostled side-to-side had been the first thing to greet Erin when her awareness slowly returned. She swayed, bouncing slightly as if she walked of her own accord, which she knew couldn't have been the case. No one could've taken a single step when their feet failed to touch the ground.

     Pain came next. A splitting ache that spread across her left cheek and bore into her skull with each step taken by whoever held her body. Something hit the side of her head. Something that knocked her unconscious.

     And with her lack of wakefulness, someone had taken her. That much Erin could tell. Her body was held as her kidnapper trudged on. She felt something tight and hard around her wrists, but her ankles remained free.

     But why? Why would someone take her from the Mikalesons' home?

     Erin's blood ran cold when she remembered just what happened before she had been rendered helpless to the intruder. It was Tyler. He had broken into the mansion and knocked her and Hayley out. He was the one to kidnap her.

     Erin pried her eyes open, squinting as light flooded her vision and made her head pound harder. She pushed through the pain and looked up to see Tyler, expression hard and jaw taunt as he carried her through a wooded landscape. Trees crowded together so close and so thick they had to have been in the bayou.

     "I know you're awake,"  Tyler voiced without a glance in her direction.

     Erin scoffed, reaching up to shove at his chest. "Let go of me. Put me down!" she demanded.

     Tyler huffed, but he did as she asked and stopped to lower her to the ground.

     Erin stumbled on her barefeet, ignoring the coarse dirt that now coated her skin. She paused, taking in the area around them. They stood near a body of water. A lake of some kind with a little cabin on the shore. Near the tree-line, she could make out several makeshift structures. Tents and other shelters made of blankets and large fabrics as if people lived there.

     "Where are we?" Erin questioned, having no concept of the bayou. She had only been there once, and a little clinic before a fight for her life didn't give her many landmarks to recognize.

     "The armpit of Louisiana," Tyler answered in a flat tone, indicating to the humid land.

     Erin rolled her eyes. "I can see that, but why?" she exclaimed and turned toward him. "Why'd you attack me and Hayley? And where is she? What'd you do to her?"