ix. Witch Bitch

YOUNG BLOOD
ix. witch bitch

URGENCY CONSUMED the Mikaelson Compound in the wake of the disastrous party for the werewolves

URGENCY CONSUMED the Mikaelson Compound in the wake of the disastrous party for the werewolves. As the plantation burned to the ground, Elijah raced off to find his sister. To his horror, he had been too late. Rebekah was gone, and he came to a terrible realization. The witches had taken her along with his brother, Klaus.

     If only the hybrid didn't threaten the life of Monique Deveraux to flush out the recently dead witches, then maybe he wouldn't have faced retaliation.

     Elijah had been distraught ever since, commanding vampires left and right to search the entire for any sign of his siblings. So far, they came up empty. They were nowhere to be found. Just like the witches wanted.

     Erin decided to help as much as she could, which turned out to be much of nothing. She couldn't compel others to aid the search for the missing Originals. She couldn't comb the streets herself without fear of being on the wrong side of a hex. The only things she could do was keep Hayley company and make sure Elijah didn't devolve into a hysteric rage to find his siblings.

     "This is crazy," Hayley voiced, standing beside the second floor railing to take in the chaos of the courtyard.

     Vampires were scattered about, tracking down leads that pertained to the Originals' whereabouts or waiting for more instruction when their last came up empty. The rest of the French Quarter fared no better. Humans were compelled or instructed to do everything they could to find Rebekah and Klaus, patrolling the streets and looking into any mere whisper of Rebekah and Klaus.

     Erin stood at her side, resting her hands in the wooden railing as her own gaze swept across the open space. "That's the Mikaelsons for you. They'll go to the ends of the earth for each other. And probably tear it down on their way there," she quipped in a lighthearted manner to break the tension-filled air that blanketed the Compound.

     Hayley snorted, but her gaze remained on the vampires who wandered about. "It still shocks me sometimes. How quick they are to do anything for the other. How far they'll go."

     Erin nodded. She felt the same way. Even after two years of being around the Original family, she still found herself taken aback by the lengths they would go to help or hurt their own siblings.

     The Gilberts would certainly do the same, except for the way the Mikaelsons deliberately chose to harm each other. They stabbed one or all of their siblings in the back more times than Erin could count, and those were only the instances she knew about. She could never imagine wanting to cause Elena or Jeremy pain, for any reason. Sure, they fought and yelled and maybe through things at the other from time to time, but never with malicious intent.