Chapter 23 -Captured-

A/N: For those who have watched Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., this is a special chapter for them, but I would just like to say that S.H.I.E.L.D. is still on the run and haven't been compromised by Hydra (not yet), and two special characters will do their cameo here. ;) If the last chapter was full of drama bomb, then at least anyone would like to buckle yourselves tightly for this one. :P

-FreyaGale xx-

Chapter 23

-Captured-

The heat of the sun blazed faintly as the wild ration of air twirled skyward, cooling everything on its way.

The clouds sundered as the rainbow light vanished. Loki was standing still, remembering the look on Eistrid's deep ocean blue eyes. An empowering look of victory.

It was not her, he keeps reminding himself. He knew well what the thing inside Eistrid is capable of its power. It was overtaking her and it absolutely knows its one and only mission: to destroy the Nine Realms. It was more than the said prophesy of the Ragnarok.

"Loki?"

He faced Cara. He does not know what to do next. How can he be this blind? If he was that more keen on Eistrid's doing, that thing would have been avoidable.

It was Laufey. That dead as the rock knows Loki wanted to change and how weak he is, he compromised Eistrid to secure his revenge.

"I don't know what's really happening, but why did they left you? I thought you were some threat, and Thor was here... Instead of capturing you, he brought Eistrid. That doesn't made any sense..."

"They think of me as a threat. An understatement, for it was not me who's really a threat."

Cara gave him a confused look. "I'm a bit lost."

"It was her who is the threat. Like you thought of, Eistrid is not Eistrid. The creature that was locked for a thousand years inside her has awakened, poisoning her soul. They've brought the monster that will deliver and bury them to their own graveyard."

"You're speaking as if you're reading Shakespeare, but not deeply Shakespeare." Cara laughed on her own joke, but Loki clearly doesn't understand what she meant. She cleared her throat as the moment got awkwardly funny. "I know this is a serious thing but--"

"Glad I found you, Loki."

Someone interrupted their talk, the voice came from his back, but it was utterly familiar for him.

"Excuse me, do we know you?" Cara asked. Loki turned to his unwanted enemy.

A woman in a black catsuit with the logo he is very familiar with. A smirk plastered on his lips as she went near him.

She swiftly pulled her gun out and pointed it at him.

"You missed me?" She smirked. "Eistrid haven't introduced us to see each other." She says, reffering to Cara. "You must be Cara Reagan, my adoptive cousin's colleague and partner in all researches you've done together in the field of Astrophysics."

"Sylvie." Loki breathed as he raised both his hands in the air as if surrendering in a manner. Cara was madly shocked that some stranger was actually pointing a gun at Loki.

"What's going on?! And why are you here pointing a gun at him?"

Sylvie raised her other hand and waved it twice, followed by some men in black uniforms, like some squadron taking down a big criminal name came rushing in. She took out a specialized hand-cuffs and locked it around Loki's wrist.

Loki did not fight back. His mind was too preoccupied of the things that was really going on.

"I'm Agent Vernon of S.H.I.E.L.D., and the girl over there," she pointed at Cara's back, towards Darcy's position. "She gave us the report that this mass murderer, and the one that kidnapped Eistrid Whittaker, gave us his location. Come on big guy." She helped Loki rose from his feet, still not on a good condition to talk with.