21. GET OUT

It had been two weeks since Isla started working for the Alpha. Though things have been going on smoothly, she didn't fail to observe the animosity other Omegas who served the Alpha felt towards her. They all hated her because the Alpha preferred her to all of them, only Angel was dear to her.

Camilla, the head of the Omegas walked through the hallway where Isla was scrubbing the floor, she halted her steps and strode closer to Isla.

"How is the work going?" She asked, looking down at Isla with her dour hawk-like eyes.

Isla reared her head to peek at Camilla, she was towering above her and her eyes were doing a slow burn on Isla.

Isla stopped scrubbing and sat on the bare floor, placing her hand on her jaw, she heaved a sigh and said. "Are you here to taunt me again?"

"I came here to ask you how the work is going with you!" Camilla yelled at Isla, knitting her brows.

"You do know that is not part of my job description, right? I am meant to serve the Alpha and not scrub the floor!" Isla stood to her feet, dusting the dirt off the red satin gown she donned.

"So, will you report me to the Alpha for making you scrub the floor?" Camilla snickered, walking around the hallway. 

Isla glared at her lanky male-like figure and muttered cuss words at her. "I am only doing this to relieve Angel of the tremendous tasks you gave to her, not because of you." She said, edging her fingers at Camilla.

"Angel?" Her brows furrowed in confusion, "Who is Angel?" She asked Isla.

Isla didn't respond to her, she went back to scrubbing the floor. She knew that they were yet to know that she gave Angel a name. She was aggressively scrubbing the floor when Angel appeared in front of her.

"Isla," she beamed excitedly.

"Angel, are you done with the clothes you were washing?"

"Yes, I am." Angel squatted, taking the brush from Isla. "The Alpha wants to see you, you have to go now."

"See me? Why does he want to see me again?" Isla straightened up, staring into Angel's eyes. "You know Angel, I understand that I am his maid, but does he have to stress me out all the time? He calls me at least five times a day. I should have some time to myself too." She grumbled, stomping her feet against the floor.

Angel smiled, "Isla, thank you very much for always helping me out, but you have to see the Alpha now." She patted her back.

"I don't have a choice, I have to go see him." Isla smiled. "And don't forget to tell those bullies that your name is Angel, their dumbasses don't know that."

"I will need you to do that for me, Isla." She whispered into Isla's ears. "But go, for now, go, go, the Alpha wants you now." She shoved her away with her hands.

Isla laughed, she loved the intimacy between Angel and her. They've been helpful to each other since she started working in the Alpha's quarters.

-

Isla halted when she got to the Alpha's room, she was about to knock when she saw that the door was left ajar. There was a conversation ongoing between two people. Isla didn't like to listen to other people's conversations, but she heard her title. She pressed her ear gently to the door to listen to the conversation between Adira and Ryker.

"Why are you still keeping the slut here?" Adira asked Ryker, her tone was harsh like she didn't approve of what Ryker was doing with Isla.

"Adira, she's not a slut. Her name is Isla, I won't repeat that." Ryker responded in the same angry voice Adira used on him.

"What is she still doing here?" Adira repeated, her voice calmer and void of emotion this time.

"She works for me," Ryker replied in a bored tone.

"Since when, Alpha?"

"Tell me, what problem do you have with her? Why are you always against her?" He yelled at Adira, causing her to jump in fear. "Let Isla be, Adira. Why are you here?" He asked her.

"I came to tell you that Milly fell sick in the quarters she was sent to, she would need to go outside the pack for treatments," Adira stated, avoiding the Alpha's hot gaze on her.

"Do whatever you want to do with her, I don't care." 

"I see," Adira nodded her head, heading towards the door. 

When Isla caught a glimpse of Adira moving towards the door, she went to hide between the tall poles in the hallway. When Adira was gone, she leisurely strolled into the Alpha's room, pretending not to have listened to his conversation with Adira. Isla thought about Ryker and Milly and she wondered what was going on between those two, she made a mental note to ask Angel about it.

"You sent for me, Alpha." Isla stood in front of Ryker, her head facing the floor. She didn't want to look at his face. Sometimes his gaze was too heavy for her to behold.

Ryker clenched his fist. He was angry, so angry Adira had to talk about Milly after he warned her not to mention anything that had to do with Milly to him anymore. His veins were visible as he gnashed his teeth in anger.

Isla shifted back, her heart beating fast. She looked at him and fear was infused in her mind. "Alpha, are you alright?" She asked him, still shifting back."

He looked at her with bloodshot eyes, "You all are the same, aren't you?" He chuckled.

"What are you talking about?" Isla shook her head.

"Never mind," he got up from the couch and walked toward the study table. Isla followed behind. "Why are you following me?" He turned around to look at her.

"You sent for me," Isla said.

"I did, but I don't need you anymore." He said rudely.

"Alpha, I…"

"Get out of my room, Isla. Get the fuck out this minute!" He screamed at her.

Isla flinched, that was new; Ryker had never yelled at her. She wondered what was going on with him.

 She took a good look at him, after which she bowed her head and walked out of the room, her heart was sinking, she didn't know why she felt so angry and sad at the same time. 

A stray tear slipped down her cheek, she tried to stifle her tears but it didn't work, she was walking down the hallway when the tears came gushing out of her eyes. She was sad he yelled at her, and she didn't know what else to do but cry.

Please, drop a vote if you are reading this book.
Thank you.

Faithy💓