twenty

surprise double update!
-

Ella

"Get away from her!" I hear him shout desperately and with so much anger. I stand there, confused and scared. I don't know what he's shouting at me for. Why is he so angry? Why does he look terrified? Nothing adds up.

I turn my head to the side, seeing the baby sound asleep in her crib even though her father was shouting. She purses her lips like she always does when she's asleep. She's okay and sleeping so why is he yelling at me to go?

His glassy eyes move from my face to my hands by my sides and my eyes follow, looking down. That's when I notice.

My hands are covered in crimson and in my right hand I'm clutching a bloody knife.

I lift my hands, inspecting them from up close. Did I cut myself so badly?

I stare at the blood drying on my hands, then at the knife and suddenly everything clicks.

My eyes fill with tears and worry as I look at him for answers. I don't know what happened. Whose blood is on my hands? Why am I standing at his daughter's crib? What am I doing?

Questions after question flood my mind but I can't manage to ask any of them from him. What I can do is choke out an apology mid-sob and drop the knife from my hand. The metal clatters against the hard floor, red splattering across the surface.

"Get. Away. From my daughter." He repeats himself taking cautious steps forward and once he's close enough I close my eyes waiting for the blow.

My eyes snap open. I scramble to look around and see my surroundings while my throat is closing up and my heart is racing. I can barely see anything or hear anything from the loud thumping of my heart. My head starts to spin from the lack of oxygen and I panic more.

"Hey hey," A voice speaks from beside me so I snap my head towards the sound. Harry sits tucked beneath the covers, one of his hands reaching out to touch me for comfort and I flinch away from it.

"It's me, El. Harry. You're okay, it was just a dream." He says calmly while keeping his eyes locked on mine. I shake my head, looking down at my hands in my lap and find them perfectly clean. I look around on the floor, searching for the knife but don't find anything other than some discarded clothes.

"Daniella?" His voice pulls me back to reality from my inner thoughts and I turn to look at him as my breathing slows.

It was just a dream.

A dream...

He moves his eyes from one of mine to the other, checking if I'm doing any better. Once he sees that I'm less disturbed he tries reaching his hand out towards me again and this time I let him. I stay still while he places his hand on top of mine and gives it a squeeze. "Hey...You okay?" He questions, nothing but sweetness lacing his tone.

I let out a deep breath, feeling my body relax from that intense dream. The warmth of his body seeps through his skin and warms my cold hand beneath. It only adds to the calmness that washes over me.

"I'm sorry," I manage to say after a while, my throat feeling dry and to ease it, I swallow twice.

I know where I am now. I know I'm in Harry's room and I know the reason behind it. Once he kissed me and stopped, I knew I wanted more. Needed more. I let my desire take control over my mind and body and instead of walking back to my room ashamed, I walked to his.

I wanted it. I craved him and he didn't give it to me. Or at least, not how I imagined he would.

He was nothing like the man I fucked in a bar's bathroom. He was thoughtful and selfless, not caring about himself once while he made sure to give me pleasure in all the right places. He was the last man I hooked up with. Things never got to that point with Charles — luckily — and my last hook-up was from last year. I barely remember it but I know it wasn't this good. I know he wasn't this good.