Ghost 9

Zaun was quite active this time tonight. Zaunite business executives making a profit through questionable means. Small time gangs, and machine enhanced indi iduals roaming the streets. Locals hitting up the bars. And shimmer junkies hiding away in the alleyways.

While they were all going about their night, down inside the laboratory that had been made for a hidden organization some time ago. Varkus was seen inside of the glass box within one of the research wings down in one of the sub levels.

Laying unconscious in front of him was a man in a white lab coat, a Tiger Vastayan. He was one Varkus's researchers that had volunteered for this experiment. However, the envy demon had a less than pleased expression on his face.

He reached into his back pocket, pulling out a small recorder as he held it up to his mouth, pressing the record button. "Test 5,208 results....another failure" He stopped the recorder, gesturing some other researchers on stand by to take him and leave the room.

They had some difficulty carrying the Vastayan out of the lab, now leaving the demon to his lonesome. He soon stepped out of the cage, walking over to one of the counters with a few chemical viles and other equipment on it. He rests his hands on it, leaning against it as he took steady breaths.

These breaths became rigid and heavy, his expression turning into anger. He screamed out in frustration, swinging his arm as he knocks everything off the counter in a fit of rage. Any glass vials shattering and spilling its contents onto the pristine floor, hatred and envy in his green eyes.

From the corner of his eye, he spotted the Scarlet haired woman standing next to the door, her gaze cast aside as to not meet his angered gaze. "This better be good news" Contrary to his angered expression, his tone was eerily calm.

Her gaze snapped in his direction. Not wanting to anger him any further, she immediately spoke. "I managed to convince two of my brothers to help. Although one of them stated he would assist us should it truly be necessary"

Varkus soon collected himself, taking in a deep breath before letting it out, his expression now much softer then before. "Excellent news. Anything else to report?"

"Yes sir. Silas has improved considerably in his physical capabilities thanks to Drakes persistent training" She explains to him as he walked past her, with her following after him. "He is currently working on his ability as we speak"

Varkus was pleased to hear these types of results after the failure of his experiment. One quick elevator ride to sub level 6, and walking into a massive facility suited for the training of troops and demonized beasts.

He took note of one of the training areas, which was covered in a black substance with bubbles floating in the air. The one controlling this black substance was the demonized human that showed great promise to Varkus. Silas

Unlike most of the demonized humans, he had retained more of a humanoid shape

Unlike most of the demonized humans, he had retained more of a humanoid shape. He was currently concentrating on keeping the many bubbles stable in the air.