Chapter 9🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻

Start from the beginning

Mr. Kim and another handsome man with an adorable grin approached the drinks table. You inhaled deeply while putting on a polite smirk. Mr. Park was his name. You were pleasantly surprised when Bong-Cha casually mentioned the Brat society to you. Mr. Park was a flirt, and you could see him flirting with Hajoon a while back. She knows how to flirt back, but she keeps a respectful distance.

"Are you the new hire that Hoseok hired a while ago?"

Mr. Park mused as he examined you from head to toe. He thinks you're a stunning woman.

"Er...only casually," you politely say as you hand each of them a glass of wine. His smirk suggests that he knows something Mr. Kim Taehyung does not. Because he was standing there with his brow furrowed.

"Oh, is that so...? You're just a hire?," he grinned, taking the wine glass and touching your fingers, then winking, giving a slight head bow, and moving to where Ajij stood in front of the finger luncheon. You were perplexed by his apparent double meaning. What does he mean by 'you are just a hire'? Of course, you're just a hire, so what else are you here for? A younger Bangtan member inquired about the food options with Ajijic. Mr. Jeon was his name. Very attractive and somewhat quiet. His mouth was just moving as he ate the delectable finger lunch.

'So, miss...did we meet before?"Your gaze quickly returned to Mr. Kim, who was sipping his wine and staring at you with amusement.

You took a deep breath and said softly, "Yes, please pretend you don't know who I am. Mr. Imbe--I mean Mr. Jung--might have strange ideas and fire the entire crew because of me--I'll inform you later-- "He grins and smirks lightheartedly.

"I'm glad to hear that...so you're the girl? That cost my friend some valuable rest, Ms. Seo." He chuckled. He recalls Hoseok complaining to the Bangtan Elite gatherings about this French rude girl who always tried to go against him in so many ways. However, the older Hyungs thought he found the girl captivating.

You looked over to where Mr. Jung was playing a game of snooker with another Mr. Kim, a publisher. They were having a good laugh. And you were surprised at how hot Mr. Imbecile looked in his casual wear. He appears to be comfortable and...content with his brothers.

You gulped as you felt a strange emotion enter your heart, and you quickly suppressed it from your system. What is the matter with you? Why are you suddenly suffering strange butterflies wreaking havoc in your stomach? Your gaze lingers on his sharp jaw, his Cupid bow lips, and you can feel the heat rising through your body as your gaze falls on his open shirt, where you could peek at his well-toned torso as he bent over his cue stick over the pool table. He looks incredibly attractive and when his eyes caught you looking at him, you flushed slightly. That is highly embarrassing. When he caught you off guard, he smiled smugly.

You cast a glance at Mr. Kim, who had a knowing grin on his face. You take a deep breath in. Your cheeks were slightly flushed, and you chastised yourself for fantasizing about a taken guy...who you don't particularly like. He is the type of guy who gets on your nerves.

Mr. Kims' eyes lit up as he observed the interaction between you and his friend they were both discreetly keeping their gazes on each other when the other was not aware. Taehyung wanted to burst out laughing. When you raised your brows at him, he smirked. Mr. Kim must have noticed that. You just sigh. My word, why the sudden physical attraction? It's ridiculous. 

"No, it's a long and exhausting story...and I'm hoping he can relieve me of this burden by tomorrow, and I'll see you at the museum on Monday. Just don't say you know me--please...I don't want him to know about my business "You begged softly, your eyes darted a few seconds in Mr Jungs direction. 

Taehyung smiled, "Let's meet for lunch then...Monday, noon. I believe we can discuss the final security detail--" He nods and turns and proceeded to go where the rest of the boys are helping themselves to the delectable finger luncheon.