Chapter Forty Three

Start from the beginning

"I am tired of you accusing me of playing with you. This is the second time and it better be the last. Erica also. Neither of you know me. I already told you Aoife, I don't need to play games with you. I am in such a position in which I am answerable to only myself. Not Erica, not you, not the Elders' council, not even my pack. I can do whatever I want with no consequences. No one can tell me anything so playing you is a waste of my time when I can just take what I want from you directly,"

He let go of my chin and walked away from me. I stuck my back to the wall, feeling lighter without Enzo's weight on me. Enzo turned his back to me, his hand was raised as he pushed it through his hair. His back to taut and tensed through his shirt.

"Enzo, this is the part of you that I don't understand. How can you say such things about marking me in the same sentence as marking Leilani? What exactly are your true feelings?"

Enzo turned towards me. He looked tired. He inhaled.

"I have made it no secret that I like you. More than you are prepared to accept, I like you. I want you. I am not hiding this because it's a fact,"

His declaration was not a fact to me. I hadn't let myself admit that the Alpha I was supposed to be seducing had actually fallen into my trap. Was this his way of telling me that he had fallen in love with me?

"All you care about is competing with Leilani when you don't even have any rights to do so. Leilani is my fiancée,"

Anger surged through me once more. Leilani. Why couldn't a conversation conclude without it being steered back in her direction. And what did he mean by I was competing with her? I'm Raven, I don't need to compete with anyone especially not a flowerhead.

"I am not competing with your fiancée. I don't need to,"

Enzo sighed into his hands.

"This conversation is going nowhere," Enzo declared when he pulled his face away from his hands. "Please leave. You have exhausted me enough,"

I shook my head.

"You can't tell me that you like me but she's your fiancée and you will mark her if I don't agree to become Luna in seven days! How can you say this to me?"

"So what do you want? For me to end things with her while waiting for you to decide what you want? I'm an Alpha, Aoife, not an idiot. It's not about my feelings or desires here. Those lie with you but my emotions are irrelevant because you need to feel the same way about me too! And I'm not going to gamble my pack on a girl whose main line of thought when it comes to me is my fiancée! I need more substance than that! I need you to want me too! I won't lose everything I have because your interest in me is based on your ego over my fiancée!"

I was the one who sighed into my hands now. Everything he was saying was too much for me to hear at once.

"Being Luna is not just a term to throw around. The fact remains that Leilani is more suited for it than you because she is from here. Because she was groomed as it. It's nothing personal against you. I can see it in your eyes how much you don't like my pack. You don't like anything about us. You find every rule absurd,"

"Because every rule is absurd, Enzo!" I screamed out and a part of my head slammed slightly into the wall.

"Then how can you become Luna to a pack that you hate?!" That question was screamed out in the calmest of tones as Enzo's hands slapped into the air. He turned away from me once more. "Moon please give me patience with this girl,"