Chapter 4: It's A Small World, After All

A/N: Akui is pronounced [Ah - coo - way] LOL.

~*~*~*~*~*~

He seemed overly excited.

Much to your dismay, Nathan dragged you out of school, so that you could move in as soon as possible.

He didn't question it, but after finding out your dorm was completely empty, he forcefully pulled you over to the shopping district of the city.

"Anything you see, take! My parents send me loads, afraid that it'll be too little." You didn't want to freeload on him, but you had nothing.

Alright! Just this once! After this, I'm getting a job!

~

Yawning, you sat up in your bed.

It was slightly smaller than your old room, but then again, the rooms at the DWMA dormitory were meant for three.

He bought you so many things that there were even boxes of clothes in the corner of your space. I feel so bad for making him buy all this stuff.. He even bought me a phone, for heaven's sake..

You walked into the living room, where you saw Nate sleeping on the couch. You'd feel bad for waking him up, but something else was on your mind.

"Hey.. Wake up.." You shook him slightly.

"Huh!?" He got up with a start. "Oh, it's just you.."

"I'd like to talk to you."

"What's wrong?"

"It's just that.. I wanna know why you so suddenly chose me to be your partner. I mean, not that I don't want to be a team anymore, but it's just that there were many others you could have picked." You sat down in front of him.

"Well, you see.. I didn't want tell you yet, but... My soul.. It's plagued - cursed.. By a witch." He looked up to gouge out your reaction.

You were neutral..

"I knew that the secret would come out eventually, so I wanted to get a partner with a strong enough soul to survive mine. During resonance, the part of my soul that's cursed, could devour my partner's soul. I don't want that to happen, but I also need to get revenge against the witch who did this to me. She's done terrible things to a lot of people, and I want justice."

"You're different. Rare, even. Your soul is small, but immensely powerful!" He looked up at you. "You're the perfect fit for me. Plus, It's kind of weird, but i'm sort of drawn to you." He blushed.

"So, I know that we already agreed that we'd go after your witch, but I thought that after I become a Death Scythe, we'd go after my witch. Witch Akali."

Akali! She's.. She's the one! The one I'm after! You smiled a little.

It really was a small world, after all.