Chapter Nine: Just Pretend It Doesn't Hurt

Eddie's hands tighten on my thighs, and I can feel my throat tighten at this girls words. "Eddie Munson. It's been awhile, babe. You haven't called or anything. Been missing you and wondering when the next time I'd see that sexy ass again. And who the hell is this bitch on your lap?" She practically hisses through her teeth.

"Larissa, get the fuck out of here. This is my girlfriend, Sloane. If you don't mind, we were just talking privately," Eddie dismisses her but she apparently doesn't take the hint.

"Girlfriend? Really Munson? This is what you've been wasting your time with nowadays?" She scoffs and I ball my hands into fists. Eddie must notice because he takes my right hand into his, squeezing gently, his best it's okay, I'll handle her type of way.

He's not doing so hot in my opinion. "Yes, my girlfriend. Now, if you'll excuse us, we'll find somewhere else-" but before Eddie can finish his sentence as we're getting up to go, Larissa is grabbing his arm and pushing me out of her way.

"Whats the matter baby? Afraid she can't handle this heat?" She smirks my way, and I instantly rush after her, shoving Eddie to the side and knocking the bitch backwards, causing her to trip into a table and stumbling down, landing straight onto her ass.

"Actually," I spit down at her, her face completely twisted into anger and somewhat disgust. "There isn't anything to be worried about handling." I tell her. She scoffs at me. "Eddie came here with me. And don't think for one second he won't be leaving with me too. And when we get back to our apartment, it'll be me between his legs, sucking his cock and it'll be MY name that he'll be moaning all fucking night long," I reach over to the table next to me and grab a random cup filled with alcohol.

"Here, since you're just so thirsty, have a fucking drink." I toss the contents of the cup onto the bitch and turn and grab Eddie's arm. "We're fucking leaving," I say before making our way to the front of the house.

He doesn't argue, in fact he doesn't say one word all the way down the drive way and to the car. Once to the car, I don't give him a chance to open my door, I just hop right in and slam my door shut.

He gets in and turns the car on and begins the drive home. The ride home was mostly silent. Except for the occasional radio station flip I did, trying to find music to listen to, so we didn't have to sit in total silence.

I really didn't feel like talking about what happened back there or the past that was between Eddie and Larissa right now. I wasn't ready to know about it. To be completely honest, the time apart from Eddie, I wasn't able to be with anyone sexually. I couldn't find it in me to connect with anyone like that.

And to think he was able to kind of broken something inside of me. I know men are wired different than women but knowing he actually went through with sleeping with another woman really did break something inside of me. Especially when it was him who was so keen on me not coming here with him in the first place.

Was that his plan all along? Did he need to end things with me so he could experience being a rockstar single guy getting girls whenever they wanted? I felt my stomach getting queasy and my eyes burning.

We pull up to the apartments and as soon as the car is in park, I make my way towards my building. I need space. I need air. I run up the stairs, making it to my door and unlocking it and slamming it shut behind me before Eddie can make it to me. I lock it and rush to my bedroom closing the door behind me.

I can hear knocking on the front door and I already know it's Eddie. I can't do this right now. I just need time. I have to breathe for a second. But yet, for some reason my feet make me get up and walk to the door. I unlock it and let him in.

"Sweetheart, you okay? What's going on?" He says, locking the door behind him. I collapse on the couch, tucking my feet under me staying silent.

"You sort of like tried to escape me down there. What's going on? Wanna tell me so I can help fix whatever I did?" He takes a sit by my legs, placing both of mine over his lap.

"I honestly just don't know Eddie," I finally say, truthfully really not knowing. I sigh, letting my head fall on the back of the couch.

"Is this about Larissa? Cause I will tell you right now it's definitely not what you're thinking. And I know what you're thinking because I know how that brain works. Plus, the way she said those things tonight does not help my case," he sighs, running his hand through his curls.

"So what exactly was it then?" I say, knowing he's a horrible liar and that if he does lie to me, we will be done for good. "And before you tell me anything, please Eddie. Please for the sake of all things, don't lie to me."

"We had just finished a show at this club. It was sort of our first big show. Larissa's father owned the club and had came back stage to thank us for performing and bringing in such a huge crowd. He then asked if his daughter and a few of her girl friends could possibly come back and meet us. Said they were huge fans. Gareth and Jeff, ya know single guys and all were all for it. I didn't give two shits. I was packing up and ready to head out. I was about to walk out when they walked in. Of fucking course Gareth had to stop me and say "oh hey! Larissa is a big fan of yours and wants you to stay and hang with us!" I clearly was not interested at all. Like I wanted to hang myself off the rafters all night."

"She kept trying to throw passes at me while her two friends were making progress with Jeff and Gareth but I dodged them left and right. At one point I finally said "look, I'm not interested. Someone has my heart. And she's the only one who will ever have it." She didn't take too kindly to that. She tried forcing herself on me. I shoved her off and she fell onto the floor. Of course, she tried saying it was me who forced myself on her and told her dad that sob story. Long story short, Corroded Coffin is banned from that Club. But funny thing is, charges were never pressed. Rumor has is, Larissa does that type of shit to a lot of guys. Daddy can't keep bailing her out of that shit, so he just bans the dudes from his club."

Eddie rubs his head and I immediately feel guilty. But at the same time I feel as though if roles had been reversed, he probably would have felt the same way I did. "I'm sorry for reacting short towards you when we got in the car and on the way home," I say, unsure of what else to say.

"No, it's okay. Honestly, I can get why you felt the way you did. I mean you didn't know the story and it didn't look very good from your point of view so yeah, it's cool." He rubs my legs in a assuring type of way.

"I gotta admit though, you standing up to her and the way you went off on her? Total bad ass moment," he smirks at me. "I didn't know you had that in you," he laughs and I can't help but join him.

"What? Did me rubbing my mouth turn you on Munson?" I call him the name she did, even though I never have in all the years I've known him.

"First off, never call me by my last name again." He gives me a I dare you to do it again type of look and I can't help but feel a little turned on by it. "Second off, hell yes it did! You practically told her you were going to suck the fucking soul out of my cock while I moaned your name. Yeah, I was fucking hard as a rock at a party full of 100s of people thanks to you babe," his lips twist in to a crooked grin.

"Want to make it a reality?" I smirk back and his beautiful brown eyes instantly turn black.

"Do you even need to ask?" He's pulling me up off the couch in seconds and leading me down the hallway towards my bedroom.

I need to run my mouth more often.