Chapter Four: You Left Like I Was Never A Reason To Stay..

I set my alarm for 6 am. I tossed and turned all night, anticipation getting the best of me. Although I was afraid to meet up with Eddie again, feel everything I'd been feeling these past three months and possibly get hurt all over again, I really wanted to hear his reasoning as to why he didn't want me coming here with him.

I guess I didn't really give him a chance to explain that night. But his silence when I confronted him about it all wasn't exactly too comforting. I decided to finally get up at 5:45 and take a hot shower.

By 6:30, I was ready to go. I still had an hour and a half to kill, so I decided to sit down and write some music. I grabbed my notebook and the words flowed from my mind.

I'm losing my self control
Yeah, you're starting to trickle back in
But I don't wanna fall down the rabbit hole
Cross my heart, I won't do it again

Two years, and just like that, my head still takes me back
Thought it was done, but I guess it's never really over
Oh, we were such a mess, but wasn't it the best?
Thought it was done, but I guess it's never really over

I tell myself, tell myself, tell myself, "Draw the line"
And I do, I do
But once in a while I trip up, and I cross the line
And I think of you

Just because it's over doesn't mean it's really over
And if I think it over, maybe you'll be coming over again
And I'll have to get over you all over again

Just then, I hear my doorbell ring. I look at the clock to see it's 7:45. I hop up and look through the peephole to see Eddie standing outside of my door. How did he figure out which apartment I was even in?

I open my door and meet his eyes. "Uh, hi. How did you-" he cuts me off. "I asked the door greeter downstairs. Luckily he knew I was talking about you. Sorry about being a little early, I was already ready and figured I'd see if you were. Looks like it." He says, his eyes scanning my body.

I return the favor and scan his. He's dressed in a black button down shirt, black skinny Jeans, and his black boots. He has more tattoos than before, but I got some myself. His curls fall effortlessly onto his shoulders like usual, and he smells heavenly, like vanilla, mint and cigarettes.

"You ready to go?" He asks, pulling me from my trance. "Yeah, let me just put away my music," I say walking back into my apartment. I notion him to come on in. I watch as he takes in my place, looking at everything.

"Wow, Sloane. Your place in nice. Set up way better than mine," he laughs, running his hand over his mouth. I walk over to my desk and pick up my notepad. "Thanks, I don't have a lot, but I make do with what I do have," I tell him.

I go to place my notebook with my other music stuff when I notice Eddie standing over by my shelf

I go to place my notebook with my other music stuff when I notice Eddie standing over by my shelf. He's staring at our photos I've kept over these past months.