Just Another Love Story: I met the myself in a coffee shop

Start from the beginning

“Dinner’s ready, girls. Andrea’s already downstairs.”

                On cue, the two girls stood up, with Jel leading out of the door and Dea following her.

“Dinner’s early.” Jel pointed out.

“I’m already hungry.” Dea answered.

“You’re always hungry.”

“Shut up.”

                I chuckled at their naiveté. A few weeks of this and I’d forget that I was already eighteen.

                Dinner was magnificent. Mom and I had to go home early because I felt shaky after a few hours on the plane, two hours of shopping and estimated three hours of guitar hero. This day had actually been fun. So far, there isn’t anything that makes me want to go back to John. As a matter of fact, I was beginning to like it here. Except the ride home. Which was of course, interrogative. I’ll get used to it.

“So how was the guitar hero game?” Mom asked, breaking the silence in the car.

                “It was fun.”

“Good. What did you guys talked about?”

                “A lot. They were really talkative.”

She chuckled. “Yeah. So you guys have plans for the week?”

                “Yeah. No, actually, only for tomorrow. But they’ll probably plan more by tomorrow.”

“Really?” Her eyes lit up.

                “Yeah, they’re going to take me around.”

“Oh! That’s good!”

                “Yeah. Wanna join us?”

“What? No, honey. I mean, not that I don’t want to but because that’s way exclusive for you guys. And besides, I have to be in tomorrow. I’m on call. I got a leave today because you were arriving and I’m not allowed to take a leave two days in a row so yeah. You guys have fun.

                “Ohh, haha. Right.”

“Ooh, I’ve got you more clothes.”

                “What? Mom, hand-me-down clothes would have been fine.”

“What? I wanna make it up to you, okay? I saw these cute shirts at Artwork and thought that you would like them.”

                “Thanks. But uhm, I like baked goods and pastries.” I smiled wryly.

“I’ll keep that in mind.”

                By the time we got home, I was already eager to have another bath. It has been a habit; to shower before bed. Makes me comfortable and well, puts me to sleep easier… faster.

                Surprisingly, pessimistic thought never occurred to me during bedtime. I was more of excited than wasted. Right now, I don’t have a problem like I had early this morning, except to have fun. Which wasn’t exactly a problem.

                I need to sleep early and get a good one. The girls and I have to meet early tomorrow at the coffee shop nearby and I heard that there’s this really cute waiter there. I was quite excited, I admit. All the cute guys back home were jerks and I certainly hope that this one would be at least decent and nice enough and not just jerking off. At least I can expect that here.