Previously

Better Than Revenge // Otto Hightower

''A moment. I do not wish to see you go.'' Rhaenyra said hugging Alicent goodbye.

"I don't want to go." Alicent admitted.

"What happened?" Rhaenyra asked looking to Otto.

"The king found a different hand." Alicent offered simply.

''Such is the King's decision.'' Otto reminded her solemnly. Otto turned to his horse noticing Gaena out of the corner of his eye, she tipped her head to him he gave her a single nod before he headed off.

"were you playing me the whole time?" Otto questioned jumping down from his horse to face her.

"No." Gaena told him simply. "Were you playing me?" Gaena countered.

"I have been in love with you for years." Otto corrected. "I never imagined you might feel the same."

"Now we will never know." Gaena remarked softly as she looked down to her feet.

"This doesn't have to be goodbye." Otto told her. "Not for us."

"It does though." Gaena corrected. "I'm sorry, Otto."

"I'm sorry." Otto corrected. "If I stopped... if I wasn't... would things have been different between us?"
"I guess we will never know."

"I do love you, Gaena." Otto whispered bringing a hand to her face. She bit at her lips as her eyes met his.

''Otto I'm pregnant,'' Gaena whispered

''Congratulations.'' he said softly

'It's not Viserys child.'